Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

Default Fedora Trademark not registered

Dear friends,

as I can see from the Madrid IP trademark system or the Hague IP
design system, the "Fedora" trademark is not registered.
Therefor a license agreement on a non registered license doesnt make
sense at all.
Nor does it allow to make agreements or hinder anyone to use it.

What do you think?

Check the registerings here;
http://www.wipo.int/

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/

Old 05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

Dear friends,

Or is it just the WIPO website not showing the trademark is registered?

Old 05-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Joerg Simon

Am Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010 14:22:00 schrieb Sascha Thomas Spreitzer:
> Dear friends,
>
> as I can see from the Madrid IP trademark system or the Hague IP
> design system, the "Fedora" trademark is not registered.
> Therefor a license agreement on a non registered license doesnt make
> sense at all.
> Nor does it allow to make agreements or hinder anyone to use it.
> What do you think?

Fedora is CTM registered

Trade mark name : FEDORA
Trade mark No : 003621448