-   -   "Action Items" From FUDCon? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/36578-action-items-fudcon.html)

Mike McGrath 01-13-2008 11:28 PM

"Action Items" From FUDCon?

Can anyone think of any action items the infrastructure team (or others
for that matter) may need to do as a result of discussions during
hackfest/fudcon?

-Mike

/me hates the phrase "Action Items" but "Stuff to do from FUDCon" just
didn't sound right.

"Paul W. Frields" 01-14-2008 02:33 AM

"Action Items" From FUDCon?

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 18:28 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Can anyone think of any action items the infrastructure team (or others
> for that matter) may need to do as a result of discussions during
> hackfest/fudcon?
>
> -Mike
>
> /me hates the phrase "Action Items" but "Stuff to do from FUDCon" just
> didn't sound right.

I use that phrase myself, sorry if it's obscene. :-D

I'm thinking back to our SSO session, where of course I did a lot of
talking (maybe 1/2 to be fair) and not any writing. But we talked
about:

* being a WordPress/Lyceum (multiuser) provider
* Seth knows about this as well as of this morning, and didn't
immediately want to kill anyone
* using it to test OpenID capabilities (there's an OpenID 2.0 plugin
for WP)

Hopefully this will spark some memories of other things that came up,
but that's what comes to my mind immediately.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE http://paul.frields.org/
Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

"Jeff Spaleta" 01-14-2008 02:42 AM

"Action Items" From FUDCon?

On Jan 13, 2008 3:28 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> Can anyone think of any action items the infrastructure team (or others
> for that matter) may need to do as a result of discussions during
> hackfest/fudcon?

figure out how to get koji to write back an immutable unique tag back
into cvs for each non-scratch koji build that completes. Or something
equivalent so we can regenerate srpms from cvs reasonably easily for
any package version we have released. There is an issue right now
with forced retagging in cvs still being possible which means we can't
rely on the tags that get created when a contributor does a make tag.

-jef

Max Spevack 01-14-2008 02:43 AM

"Action Items" From FUDCon?