Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Election questionnaire

Originally Larry Cafiero was supposed to handle the questionnaire for
the elections, as described here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections/Nominations

However, I see that Larry has thrown his fedora into the ring for the
Board! :-) I would like to find someone else to handle this activity
to reduce the chances of Larry or anyone else feeling uncomfortable.

I'll reach out to John Rose on IRC now to see if we can find someone
to handle this task.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Paul Mellors

On 05/03/2010 04:26 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Originally Larry Cafiero was supposed to handle the questionnaire for
> the elections, as described here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections/Nominations
>
> However, I see that Larry has thrown his fedora into the ring for the
> Board! :-) I would like to find someone else to handle this activity
> to reduce the chances of Larry or anyone else feeling uncomfortable.
>
> I'll reach out to John Rose on IRC now to see if we can find someone
> to handle this task.

Hello Paul

As discussed, i'll grab the ball for sending out the questionnaires

thanks
Paul [Moodoo]

Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Paul Mellors

On 05/03/2010 04:26 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Originally Larry Cafiero was supposed to handle the questionnaire for
> the elections, as described here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections/Nominations
>
> However, I see that Larry has thrown his fedora into the ring for the
> Board! :-) I would like to find someone else to handle this activity
> to reduce the chances of Larry or anyone else feeling uncomfortable.
>
> I'll reach out to John Rose on IRC now to see if we can find someone
> to handle this task.

Hello All

Apologies if this email is duplicated.

As discussed with paul, I'll pick up the ball on this one, i'll send the
questions out this evening, my time [i'm in the uk]

Thanks

Paul Mellors [MooDoo]

Old 05-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Larry Cafiero

Thank you, Pauls (MooDoo and stickster) for addressing this, and thank
you, MooDoo, for taking this up. While I wouldn't necessarily "feel
uncomfortable" in doing the task, I think it would raise questions about
the election's integrity if a candidate were handling the questions that
he would in turn have to answer. So I am glad to relinquish this task to
you, MooDoo, and thanks again.

Larry Cafiero

Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 04:44:26PM +0100, Paul Mellors wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 04:26 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Originally Larry Cafiero was supposed to handle the questionnaire for
> > the elections, as described here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections/Nominations
> >
> > However, I see that Larry has thrown his fedora into the ring for the
> > Board! :-) I would like to find someone else to handle this activity
> > to reduce the chances of Larry or anyone else feeling uncomfortable.
> >
> > I'll reach out to John Rose on IRC now to see if we can find someone
> > to handle this task.
> >

> Hello All
>
> Apologies if this email is duplicated.
>
> As discussed with paul, I'll pick up the ball on this one, i'll send the
> questions out this evening, my time [i'm in the uk]

Thanks for helping Paul!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 09:41:30 -0700,
Larry Cafiero <lcafiero@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Thank you, Pauls (MooDoo and stickster) for addressing this, and thank
> you, MooDoo, for taking this up. While I wouldn't necessarily "feel
> uncomfortable" in doing the task, I think it would raise questions about
> the election's integrity if a candidate were handling the questions that
> he would in turn have to answer. So I am glad to relinquish this task to
> you, MooDoo, and thanks again.

I think it is reasonable for candidates to add questions they want asked
of all of the candidates. (Though in my case I added the questions before
I decided to run for FESCO.)
I hope a few more questions get added before the list is final. I am pretty
disappointed in the community participation so far.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

On 03.05.2010 21:20, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> [...]
> I think it is reasonable for candidates to add questions they want asked
> of all of the candidates. [...]

+1 to this from someone who ran a few of those questionnaires in the past.

In fact I'd even go a step further and say: I would have welcomed it, if
the candidates in the past even would have helped with cleaing up the
questions (obviously in the open and in a transparent way) before they
got sent out -- that would IMHO have been better for everyone instead of
stating in the questionnaire how odd or stupid some of the questions
were ;-)

Cu
knurd