Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
John Poelstra

Default Fedora Board Recap 2010-04-29

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2010-04-29

== Roll call ==
* Present: Mike McGrath, Paul Frields, John Poelstra, Josh Boyer, Chris
Tyler, Colin Walters, Chris Aillon, Dennis Gilmore
* Regrets: Tom 'spot' Callaway, Matt Domsch
* Assigned meeting secretary: John Poelstra

== Agenda ==

=== MeeGo status ===
* Paul reached out to project leadership to see if Fedora could lend
their support officially via a statement
* Haven't been able to raise response from anyone
* Considering low priority item at this time, but will continue to reach
out over the next week
* Mini-sig being led by Peter Robinson
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/mini

=== License agreement for fedora-uk.org ===
* Granting trademark for fedora-uk.org
* Approved by the board
* Accompanying issue of fragmentation -- need to be able to redirect
people properly
* ACTION: Paul will create TLA and send out
* ACTION: Mike will create uk.fedoracommunity.org domain and redirect to
fedora-uk.org
* ACTION: Christopher Aillon will get with Websites team to request a
fc.o index page listing all such sites

=== Short list of F14 names ===
* Reviewed list of proposed names that meet minimum requirements
* This is the list Legal will first concentrate on
** Bacon
** Mitikas
** Fytnargin
** Laughlin
** Beardmore
** Celebi
** Ventnor
** Hoppin
** Laramie
* The next group of names have passed the initial check but have
questions or issues raised by Design
* This list will also be used if the ballot is insufficient (less then 5
or 6 names)
** Korolyov
** Baudelaire
** Tsiolkovsky
** Button
** Scofield
** Bhanji
** Kingsley
** Rubbia
** Neper
** Tudek
** Chaplin
** Lausanna
** Alfven
** Shepard
** Beers
** Faickney
* ACTION: Paul to send list to Red Hat Legal for clearance

=== Follow-up to vision discussion ===
* Start with rotating team meetings
** invite each team to attend so we can get the word out on what they
are working on
** find out how they need help
* Invite Websites to the next meeting (2010-05-06)
* Format of meetings will be:
** 30 minutes on team discussion
** 30 minutes for Q&A
* ACTION: Mike will invite Websites to the first meeting

=== FPL succession ===
* Paul gave the Board a status report

== Next meeting ==
* Thursday, 2010-05-06 UTC 1600
** IRC Public meeting
** Possible team meeting, depending on conclusion of discussion above
* #fedora-board-meeting

Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/30/2010 12:06 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
> === FPL succession ===
> * Paul gave the Board a status report

Does it have to be private?

Rahul

Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Bill Nottingham

Rahul Sundaram (metherid@gmail.com) said:
> On 04/30/2010 12:06 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
> > === FPL succession ===
> > * Paul gave the Board a status report
>
> Does it have to be private?

I'm not 100% if there are any legal ramifications, but publically
discussing any/all of the potential candidates, possibly even
before they'd be interviewed, certainly seems tacky.

Bill

Old 04-29-2010, 07:08 PM
John Poelstra

Rahul Sundaram said the following on 04/29/2010 11:52 AM Pacific Time:
> On 04/30/2010 12:06 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
>> === FPL succession ===
>> * Paul gave the Board a status report
>>

> Does it have to be private?
>
> Rahul

What is it that you really want to know. That is be a better question
to ask.

John

Old 04-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Seth Vidal

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, John Poelstra wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram said the following on 04/29/2010 11:52 AM Pacific Time:
>> On 04/30/2010 12:06 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
>>> === FPL succession ===
>>> * Paul gave the Board a status report
>>>

>> Does it have to be private?
>>
>> Rahul
>
> What is it that you really want to know. That is be a better question
> to ask.

Who the candidates are.
what criteria are being used to judge them
who the judges are.

those are some things that would be interesting to know.

-sv

Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/30/2010 12:38 AM, John Poelstra wrote:
> What is it that you really want to know. That is be a better question
> to ask.

Whether there is a need for secrecy here.

Rahul

Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, John Poelstra wrote:
>
> > Rahul Sundaram said the following on 04/29/2010 11:52 AM Pacific Time:
> >>>

> >> Does it have to be private?
> >>
> >> Rahul
> >
> > What is it that you really want to know. That is be a better question
> > to ask.
>
> Who the candidates are.

Ehh, if I applied for the job and didn't get it I think I'd just rather
not have anyone know. What if my current employer found out? I'm all for
transparency but not if it costs any of our volunteers their job or bad
blood where they currently work.

> what criteria are being used to judge them
> who the judges are.

These things would make the process more transparent.

-Mike

Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Seth Vidal

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

>> Who the candidates are.
>
> Ehh, if I applied for the job and didn't get it I think I'd just rather
> not have anyone know. What if my current employer found out? I'm all for
> transparency but not if it costs any of our volunteers their job or bad
> blood where they currently work.

completely fair and understandable.

>> what criteria are being used to judge them
>> who the judges are.
>>

> These things would make the process more transparent.

okay..
-sv

Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Christopher Aillon