-   -   Thanks for name suggestions! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/363400-thanks-name-suggestions.html)

"Paul W. Frields" 04-28-2010 08:52 PM

Thanks for name suggestions!

I wanted to thank the community for name suggestions. The Board is
working on shortening the list a bit, based on the initial reviews and
comments on the wiki, and then we'll send that on to Red Hat Legal for
clearance. The resulting ballot will start May 4 on our election
system, and will be widely announced before voting opens.

Rahul Sundaram 04-28-2010 08:59 PM

On 04/29/2010 02:22 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I wanted to thank the community for name suggestions. The Board is
> working on shortening the list a bit, based on the initial reviews and
> comments on the wiki, and then we'll send that on to Red Hat Legal for
> clearance. The resulting ballot will start May 4 on our election
> system, and will be widely announced before voting opens.

I am wondering why Fedora Board is involved in managing this rather than
handing it off to the marketing team? It doesn't seem like the sort of
things Fedora Board needs to handle directly.

Rahul

Paul Frields 04-29-2010 01:11 AM

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/29/2010 02:22 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> I wanted to thank the community for name suggestions. *The Board is
>> working on shortening the list a bit, based on the initial reviews and
>> comments on the wiki, and then we'll send that on to Red Hat Legal for
>> clearance. *The resulting ballot will start May 4 on our election
>> system, and will be widely announced before voting opens.
>>

> I am wondering why Fedora Board is involved in managing this rather than
> handing it off to the marketing team? *It doesn't seem like the sort of
> things Fedora Board needs to handle directly.

Since we then have to correspond with Red Hat's Legal department, it
makes the process a bit simpler. Also, it's somewhat of a trivial but
fun perk that lightens the agenda once every six months. :-)

Paul

Paul Frields 05-02-2010 07:43 PM

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Paul Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 04/29/2010 02:22 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> I wanted to thank the community for name suggestions. *The Board is
>>> working on shortening the list a bit, based on the initial reviews and
>>> comments on the wiki, and then we'll send that on to Red Hat Legal for
>>> clearance. *The resulting ballot will start May 4 on our election
>>> system, and will be widely announced before voting opens.
>>>

>> I am wondering why Fedora Board is involved in managing this rather than
>> handing it off to the marketing team? *It doesn't seem like the sort of
>> things Fedora Board needs to handle directly.
>
> Since we then have to correspond with Red Hat's Legal department, it
> makes the process a bit simpler. Also, it's somewhat of a trivial but
> fun perk that lightens the agenda once every six months. :-)

Red Hat Legal has cleared the following names for our ballot:

Mitikas
Fytnargin
Laughlin
Ventnor
Hoppin
Laramie

I'll work with the Infrastructure group to get the voting ballot set
up to start on Tuesday.

Paul