Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default get.fp.o and websites

So it turns out that the get.fp.o redesign is ~99% done, which wasn't
the case at the Beta readiness meeting. You can see the current
status here:

http://publictest1.fedoraproject.org/

That reflects hourly updates from the git repo. The Websites string
freeze period just started a couple of days ago, and I think that both
Sijis and Mairin Duffy would be pleased to get this up for GA.

The string freeze is there to prevent L10n people having to scramble
at the last minute with translations. But given that we're only a
couple of days in, we could probably square this with the L10n teams
by asking them for their permission too.

Additionally, any remaining minor work is CSS related and should not
affect strings, meaning that those changes will not be translatable or
cause the L10n folks any pain. Since I know the Board was keen to see
this project progressing -- which it has thanks to a bunch of people
-- I'm going to ask the Websites team about a string freeze exception,
cc Infrastructure, ask L10n for concurrence, and report back.