Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Chris Tyler

Default F14 naming

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 10:52 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Ah yes, it's also time for the naming process. I've revised the
> proposed schedule here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_14
>
> Basically, we can open suggestions for names for Fedora 14 tomorrow.
> The schedule listed here allows us to have an election for the F14
> name and announce results before the release of F13, and leaves time
> over a weekend both for suggestions from the community, and voting by
> the community.
>
> Unless there are objections, I'll get this rolling today, and we'll
> announce the opening of name suggestions tomorrow.

The schedule looks good -- though saying in effect "Wait twelve hours
before adding your suggestions!" seems silly, perhaps you should remove
the "NAMING SUGGESTIONS NOT BEGUN" banner.

-Chris

Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Bill Nottingham

Paul W. Frields (stickster@gmail.com) said:
> Ah yes, it's also time for the naming process. I've revised the
> proposed schedule here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_14
>
> Basically, we can open suggestions for names for Fedora 14 tomorrow.
> The schedule listed here allows us to have an election for the F14
> name and announce results before the release of F13, and leaves time
> over a weekend both for suggestions from the community, and voting by
> the community.

What lucky person gets to do the name weeding?

Bill

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:19:29PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Paul W. Frields (stickster@gmail.com) said:
> > Ah yes, it's also time for the naming process. I've revised the
> > proposed schedule here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_14
> >
> > Basically, we can open suggestions for names for Fedora 14 tomorrow.
> > The schedule listed here allows us to have an election for the F14
> > name and announce results before the release of F13, and leaves time
> > over a weekend both for suggestions from the community, and voting by
> > the community.
>
> What lucky person gets to do the name weeding?

Was that an offer of help? :-)

The wiki is fair game for people to help, since there are some easy to
run tests included in the guidelines. Many people who submit
suggestions don't run the tests, unfortunately.

Bill Nottingham and Josh Boyer helped in previous iterations, and I'm
sure they'd love it if someone else stepped forward to assist this
time.