Old 04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Dennis Gilmore

Default Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-04-08

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2010-04-08

== Roll Call ==
* Present: Paul Frields, Chris Tyler, Colin Walters, Mike McGrath, Tom "spot"
Callaway, Matt Domsch, Dennis Gilmore, John Poelstra, Christopher Aillon
* Regrets: Josh Boyer
* Assigned meeting secretary: Dennis Gilmore

== Agenda ==

=== Election schedule ===
Paul Frields
* STATUS: Newest drafts on [[Elections]] page, FAB, and project schedule
* QUESTION: Is there anyone on the Board who cannot support the schedule? If
so, what would have to change for you to do so?
** ctyler: What happens in the event of a schedule slip?
*** pfrields: It's not necessary, but we could evaluate in the case that there
was a substantial slip before the actual nomination, town halls, questionnaire
tasks started.
*** We would not want to change the voting timeframe, for example, after it
starts.
** Mdomsch: if there was a slip early on we could postpone start of voting
leaving the nominations as is
*** dgilmore: agreed
*** pfrields: agreed
* ACTION: Paul to remove all draft notices
* ACTION: John will add a link in the schedule to the [[Elections]] page
* AGREED: Election Schedule approved as is

=== Spins (SWG) ===
Matt Domsch
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mdomsch/SWG_Spins
* Resolved and concluded
** Page now shows actionable items that were taken for each issue found
** mdomsch: asks if anyone has anything else to add
*** Letters sent to Spins SIG, who resoponded that you need to ask spin owners
*** Spin owners felt that the delivery of spins are ok.
*** Spin owners would like to be able to trim fat easier, especially light
weight desktops.
** All identified, actionable issues have tickets or responsible persons
attached according to the page.
* AGREED: Board agrees this item has been resolved successfully

=== User base (SWG) ===
John Poelstra
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Poelstra/What_is_a_target_audience
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base
** QUESTION: Is there anyone on the Board who cannot support this statement?
If so, what would have to change for you to do so?
* jpoelstra: came up with the idea of creating a diagram to represent Fedora's
user base
* after further discussion at Monday's SWG meeting the members there felt it
best not to block this topic on having a completed diagram
** significant time was spent on making sure
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base met with everyone's approval
* dgilmore: There may be problems with the diagram but it will be really hard
to make it right for everyone. The wording on the page is clear
** spot: Since we don't have an expert diagram artist :-) let's move forward
* ACTION: Paul to remove draft notices, link from appropriate places,
* AGREED: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base is complete and 'Target
Audience' discussion is considered officially closed

=== Fedora UX designers (SWG) ===
Paul Frields
*
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Desktop_user_experience_designers
* Page has been updated with input from Board and Design team members
** QUESTION: Is there anyone on the Board who cannot support this statement?
If so, what would have to change for you to do so?
* pfields: collaboration helped to make this clear and come up with the best
possible result
* Spot recommends that both Desktop SIG and Design tema link to this page
** the big result of the page is to emphasize the opportunities and the
practice of collaborative (not contesting) decision making in Fedora
* ACTION: Paul will finalise the page and remove draft notices, and file with
the SWG pages
* ACTION: Paul to link from Desktop and Design team pages as appropriate
* AGREED: The Board supports this page and the statements it makes.
** 15 min

== AOB ==
* Any items for next meeting?

== Next meeting ==
* PROPOSED: Thu 2010-04-15 UTC 1600

Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 01:24:13PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2010-04-08

I wanted to take a moment to recognize that all the people on the
Board have been rotating the secretarial duty for our meetings since
January, and it's been a very effective way of keeping notes.
Everyone's done a great job, and I just wanted to recognize everyone
for their willingness to pitch in for a smoother meeting.

I know this might seem a minor issue to readers who don't necessarily
scribe for a weekly meeting. Believe me, it's a big help! Thanks,
everyone, for pitching in.