Old 04-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Larry Cafiero

Default Election schedule

Ah, found the updated schedule. Never mind.

Larry Cafiero

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero@gmail.com> wrote:

I thought nominations open on the 28th, or did I miss something?

Larry Cafiero

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 7:13 PM, inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 07:19:00AM -0400, Paul Frields wrote:

>> OK, I've put those changes on the elections page:

>> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

> One thing to note about the elections is that a couple start or end

> dates fall on weekend days. *This isn't a problem per se, because the

> total open period encompasses at least an entire week. *Also, because

> we are fortunate to have volunteers running this process, those dates

> may actually be helpful for said volunteers. :-)

> We can bang the drum a bit a day or two before such openings or

> deadlines, so that people who are away for a weekend won't be

> surprised or uninformed.

Elections are scheduled to begin this Saturday and I have a couple of

questions/reminders.

The nomination pages for the board and fesco need to be reset.

Has an announcement been sent out yet informing the community that the

nomination period begins this Saturday?

Did someone from infra or elsewhere volunteer to manage the voting system?

John

Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:13:08PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 07:19:00AM -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> >> OK, I've put those changes on the elections page:
> >> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
> >
> > One thing to note about the elections is that a couple start or end
> > dates fall on weekend days. *This isn't a problem per se, because the
> > total open period encompasses at least an entire week. *Also, because
> > we are fortunate to have volunteers running this process, those dates
> > may actually be helpful for said volunteers. :-)
> >
> > We can bang the drum a bit a day or two before such openings or
> > deadlines, so that people who are away for a weekend won't be
> > surprised or uninformed.
>
> Elections are scheduled to begin this Saturday and I have a couple of
> questions/reminders.

Yes, nominations are scheduled to begin this Saturday. We're on
schedule, yay!

> The nomination pages for the board and fesco need to be reset.

This is a wiki page edit that consists of clearing out the list and
changing the date on the page. I've done this for the Board. Would
you like to do this for FESCo?

> Has an announcement been sent out yet informing the community that the
> nomination period begins this Saturday?

Any time this week would be appropriate. I am readying a blog entry
for this, but anyone in the community can help drive attention to the
nominations process too.

> Did someone from infra or elsewhere volunteer to manage the voting system?

I sent an email to infrastructure to ask.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2010-April/008737.html