== Roll Call ==
* Present: Paul Frields, Josh Boyer, John Poelstra, Dennis Gilmore, Mike McGrath, Bill Nottingham, Matt Domsch, Tom 'spot' Callaway
* Regrets: Dimitris Gilmore, Chris Aillon
== Last meeting ==
== Current issues ==
=== Trademark agreements ===
* Paul is sorting these out today and tomorrow
=== fedoraturkiye.org ===
* Board is not interested in replicating Fedora Infrastructure site
* Matt says he cannot host a mirror (Matt investigated and informed requestor - insufficent bandwidth for a US-hosted mirror)
* Paul suggested to contributor that a localized site would be beneficial and could be approved
* waiting for the contributor to get back to us with details
=== Planet guidelines ===
* Stems from some planet posts that showed up during FUDCon
* Want to have a list of things that are not allowed
* Board to decide: OK to use these guidelines?
* Should we add this to the hall monitors' activity?
** No, just a ticket filed with infrastructure should be fine.
* mmcgrath opposed - on the grounds that censorship is bad
** spot and pfrields: Censorship is preventing output from users; we are simply refusing to aggregate and pass it on
* pfrields: having some limits to aggregation is the cost of not restricting the subject matter on the Planet
** allowing some non-Fedora material on the Planet has a valuable social aspect for community building
** dgilmore: We all have lives of which Fedora is a part
** Planet content will continue to be dealt with case-by-case once contributors notify a Board member or the sysadmin team
** The Board will manage the list of inappropriate material as needed
** We will not ask the hall monitors to moderate content at this time
* 'ACTION:' Paul to add a bit that tells people what to do if they're not sure if something is inappropriate, and a link to report questionable material.
=== FUDCon follow-up ===
* excellent content and attendance
* dgilmore: first time we have not been able to fit all proposals in.(maybe we can look at having an overflow session)
* mmcgrath: Budget constraint on transportation -- connecting flights where I lost a whole day, similarly with smooge+toshio+jkeating+inode0+others
* mdomsch: People who might not have come due to timing other than encouragement from others
** There was a lot of IRC to help mitigate if people aren't on site
* poelcat: How about starting earlier? It felt like we were getting started half way through the day.
** not taking full advantage of cost of bringing all these people together
** At RDU FUDCon a few times back breakfast was at 8:30 AM and we started at 9:00 AM.
** dgilmore: maybe the key is having breakfast at the event
* poelcat: internet speed was a problem (at both the hotel, and at the university)
** could we bring in an outside internet provider at a price that would not kill us?
*** mdomsch: possible yes, inexpensive no
** poelcat: setting the 'problem reasons' aside, the internet is our primary communication and producitivty mechanism so it seems important that it works well
** digilmore: being outside of the US, restricted alternative personal connection methods like WIMAX or phone tethering
** mdomsch: very hard problem to solve when you bring 150-200+ people to an event
* 'ACTIONS:' Board members to send additional feedback to fudcon-planning -at- lists fedoraproject org as appropriate
=== Updates ===
* pfrields: Talk by McCann + Aillon at FUDCon was interesting because it acknowledges and ties together a lot of common problems with some thoughts on solving them
* 'ACTION:' Paul will break out the sub-thread to it's own topic on f-a-b to restart discussion.
* 'ACTION:' Paul to invite Jon McCann, to expand on (with Chris) the update talk they gave at FUDCon
== New issues ==
=== Ad Bard banner offer ===
* Ad Bard is a FSF-approved free software project advertising network, offering to run a Fedora Project ad banner over January 2010
* We just need to put together a specific sized/formatted ad to link to fp.o
* 'ACTION:' Josh to coordinate with the design team and get something sent out
== Next meeting ==
* Proposed: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 1700 UTC/12:00pm US Eastern