Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

Default What questions would you like to ask the Candidates for the Fedora Board, FESCo, and FAMSCO?

Hi!

As you may have heard already, several seats of the Fedora Board, FESCo,
and FAMSCO are up for election soon(). Right now we are in the
nomination period, which will be followed by a "Candidate
Questionnaire." That means we'll give candidates a list of questions to
answer by private mail within one week after the nomination period
closed; the results will be publish soon after that to make sure they
are available to the public before the Town Hall meetings on IRC happen.

Candidates may choose to answer (or not) those questions as they see
fit. Voters can use the answers to get an impression of what the
candidate think or plan to do while serving for the committees they are
nominated for. That should help to get a interesting discussion running
during the IRC Town Hall meetings; furthermore, those people that can't
or don't want to participate in the IRC meetings can use the answers to
make a more informed vote.

Hence we need to prepare a few good questions that we can send to the
candidates once the nomination period ends. And that's where I need
*your help* now:

If you have one or more questions you'd like to send to the candidates
simply go and add them to:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections/F13_Questionnaire

It just takes a minute or two, so best to do it right now -- otherwise
you might get distracted and forget about it. ;-)

I'll take care of the remaining work to review, sort, and clean up the
questions(); after that I'll send them to the candidates soon after the
nomination period ended. Hence, I need your question suggestions by
around the 15th November 17:00 UTC latest to get a chance to prepare
everything in time.

So please go to the wiki now and add at least one hard question! The
answers will help Fedora contributors to chose whom to vote for! Thanks
in advance for your help .

CU
knurd

() If you haven't read about it yet see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections for details.

() If you want to get involved or review the questions before I send
them please drop me a line and I'll try to get that arranged; maybe we
can arrange a quick, informal IRC meeting on Sunday evening if there is
interest

Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

Hi!

Sorry, I haven't got around to work on the final version of the
questions yet. I plan to do that early tomorrow, which leaves everybody
still something like 13 hours to add questions to the wiki.

CU
knurd

Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Thorsten Leemhuis

Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote on 11.11.2009 22:30:

> As you may have heard already, several seats of the Fedora Board, FESCo,
> and FAMSCO are up for election soon(). Right now we are in the
> nomination period, which will be followed by a "Candidate
> Questionnaire." That means we'll give candidates a list of questions to
> answer by private mail within one week after the nomination period
> closed; the results will be publish soon after that to make sure they
> are available to the public before the Town Hall meetings on IRC happen.
> [...]
> If you have one or more questions you'd like to send to the candidates
> simply go and add them to:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections/F13_Questionnaire

I did some cleanups and added a few more question from the last questionnaire. Find below what I plan to sent to the candidates this evening at something like 19:00 UTC. If you dislike something please comment until then in a way to make sure we don't further delay things (yes, I know, that is a tight schedule, but I thought a RFC period of 12 hours is better then none). tia!

CU
knurd

=== Main questions ===

# What is 'The Fedora Project' to you?
# What do you consider to be Fedora's [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raison_d%27%C3%AAtre raison d'etre]?
# Where do you see the project in one years?
# Where do you see the project in two years?
# Do you see a long-term goal or a "target audience" Fedora should strive for?
# What part of the Fedora project would you change, given total power to do so?
# Please name three things you plan to work on and realize while being on the Committee you run for!
# How would you measure your success as an elected member?
# What are your unique strengths and what are your weaknesses?

==== Committee specific questions: Board ====

# Suppose a user/contributor brings up an issue that bothers an important fraction of Fedora community and he proposes a change in the default behavior of Fedora; but either you don't have personal interest in that area, or (as a user) the issue doesn't bother you. How would you approach the problem?

==== Committee specific questions: FAmSCo ====

# What would you be doing to ensure that as a body FAmSCo is communicating more with its constituents ?
# What things should be done to promote Fedora in countries where there is little or no Fedora presence, and how you see FAmSCo can support those initiatives?
# Do you see any shortcomings in the mentoring overall process? What do you want to change in that process?

==== Committee specific questions: FESCo ====

# Do you feel that a Fedora release should have a more conservative update policy than rawhide, and if so what types of updates do you feel are acceptable to a stable Fedora release?
# Suppose a user/contributor brings up an issue that bothers an important fraction of Fedora community and he proposes a change in the default behavior of Fedora; but either you don't have personal interest in that area, or (as a user) the issue doesn't bother you. How would you approach the problem?

=== More questions ===

# Why are you a member of the Fedora project?
# Please mention if you are running for re-election or not. Further: If you are running for re-election, what are the things that you promised but could not do? Why so? What are you planning to prevent a recurrence? If you are running for the first time, in your opinion, what are the things that the previous committee could do but couldn't/didn't?
# What is the most important part of the Fedora the distribution? (IE, Desktop, FEL, AOS)
# From your perspective what is it that Fedora brings to linux distros that is unique and original? What sets Fedora apart?

Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Thorsten Leemhuis