Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 AM
"Engels Antonio"

Default Community domain request

Hi,

My name is Engels Antonio. Aside from being a Fedora Ambassador, I am also
responsible for managing the hosts of the Fedora community in the
Philippines.

Our online community resources are currently being hosted gratis by
Bluepoint Foundation at http://fedora.bluepoint.com.ph/

It has since been renamed to http://fp.bluepoint.com.ph/ to avoid problems
related to the unauthorized use of the word fedora.

We established this community in order to bring together Filipinos
interested in Fedora.

Being an archipelago, the Philippines has many languages and dialects.
Even if majority understand English, this diversity prevents most
Filipinos from participating in the main Fedora Project site.

We hope to use our community as a training ground for future Fedora
Project members, and as a facility to coordinate local Fedora events.

Our initial plan was to register fedora.ph in order to give our community
a domain separate from Bluepoint's. We were pleased to know that a
pre-purchased domain option is now available.

In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, I would like to request for
a local community domain i.e. ph.fedoracommunity.org or whatever the board
deems fit.

Thank you for your time. We look forward to your favorable reply.

Regards,

Engels

--
Engels Antonio
engels@fedoraproject.org

Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 06:04:44PM +0800, Engels Antonio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Engels Antonio. Aside from being a Fedora Ambassador, I am also
> responsible for managing the hosts of the Fedora community in the
> Philippines.
>
> Our online community resources are currently being hosted gratis by
> Bluepoint Foundation at http://fedora.bluepoint.com.ph/
>
> It has since been renamed to http://fp.bluepoint.com.ph/ to avoid problems
> related to the unauthorized use of the word fedora.
>
> We established this community in order to bring together Filipinos
> interested in Fedora.
>
> Being an archipelago, the Philippines has many languages and dialects.
> Even if majority understand English, this diversity prevents most
> Filipinos from participating in the main Fedora Project site.
>
> We hope to use our community as a training ground for future Fedora
> Project members, and as a facility to coordinate local Fedora events.
>
> Our initial plan was to register fedora.ph in order to give our community
> a domain separate from Bluepoint's. We were pleased to know that a
> pre-purchased domain option is now available.
>
> In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, I would like to request for
> a local community domain i.e. ph.fedoracommunity.org or whatever the board
> deems fit.
>
> Thank you for your time. We look forward to your favorable reply.

Hi Engels,

Thank you very much for looking at our local community domain
process. I'm happy to add this to the Board's agenda for today's IRC
meeting, which is happening at 1900 UTC. You can read details on how
to attend our meeting, if you'd like, here on the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC

Old 03-04-2009, 04:26 AM
"Engels Antonio"

On Tue, March 3, 2009 9:17 pm, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, I would like to request
>> for a local community domain i.e. ph.fedoracommunity.org or whatever
>> the board deems fit.
>>
>> Thank you for your time. We look forward to your favorable reply.
>
> Hi Engels,
>
> Thank you very much for looking at our local community domain process.
> I'm happy to add this to the Board's agenda for today's IRC meeting,
> which is happening at 1900 UTC.

Hi Paul,

Thanks! We'll standby for the board's decision.

Regards,

Engels

--
Engels Antonio
engels@fedoraproject.org

Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 01:26:09PM +0800, Engels Antonio wrote:
> On Tue, March 3, 2009 9:17 pm, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >> In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, I would like to request
> >> for a local community domain i.e. ph.fedoracommunity.org or whatever
> >> the board deems fit.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your time. We look forward to your favorable reply.
> >
> > Thank you very much for looking at our local community domain process.
> > I'm happy to add this to the Board's agenda for today's IRC meeting,
> > which is happening at 1900 UTC.
>
> Thanks! We'll standby for the board's decision.

Engels,

The Board unanimously approved your request for
ph.fedoracommunity.org. I've filed the Infrastructure ticket here:

The Infrastructure team or I will be in touch shortly for next
action. Thank you for your continued support of Fedora in the
Phillippines!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:31 AM
"Engels Antonio"

On Wed, March 4, 2009 9:02 pm, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> > Thank you very much for looking at our local community domain process.
>> > I'm happy to add this to the Board's agenda for today's IRC meeting,
>> > which is happening at 1900 UTC.
>>
>> Thanks! We'll standby for the board's decision.
>
> Engels,
>
> The Board unanimously approved your request for
> ph.fedoracommunity.org. I've filed the Infrastructure ticket here:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1221
>
> The Infrastructure team or I will be in touch shortly for next
> action. Thank you for your continued support of Fedora in the
> Phillippines!

Hi Paul,

In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, thanks you very much!

Regards,

Engels

--
Engels Antonio
engels@fedoraproject.org

Old 05-30-2010, 03:55 AM
"Truong Anh. Tuan"

Dear Fedora Advisory Board,

I would like to request for a sub domain for Vietnamese Fedora community.

The sub domain name is: vn.fedoracommunity.org
I will maintain the site myself. You now, I am the only Fedora Ambassador in Vietnam.

I will have a blog/wiki style website, and may also have a Fedora Vietnamese forum with this sub domain.

Kind regards,
Tuan
Fedora Ambassador, Vietnam
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tuanta
http://blog.iwayvietnam.com/tuanta/

Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Hello Tuan!

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:55:07AM +0700, Truong Anh. Tuan wrote:
> Dear Fedora Advisory Board,
>
> I would like to request for a sub domain for Vietnamese Fedora community.
>
> The sub domain name is: vn.fedoracommunity.org
> I will maintain the site myself. You now, I am the only Fedora Ambassador
> in Vietnam.
>
> I will have a blog/wiki style website, and may also have a Fedora
> Vietnamese forum with this sub domain.

I'm certain the Board would be delighted to see a Vietnamese community
site. Generally we like to see a mockup or the live site in order to
do an approval. Then we would set the vn.fc.o domain to point to your
site. Do you have something prepared already we can look at?

> I also need an official mailing list for the local community:
> VN-community@lists.fedoraproject.org.

This should be no problem. We have several other international
community mailing lists, and we may want to follow the naming
convention they use if possible. But regardless, it's simple to
provide this. I believe we ask for representatives to file a ticket
at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure -- login with your
FAS account and password, and then fill in a mailing list ticket.

> I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your interest in helping to build Fedora community
worldwoide, Tuan. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 AM
"Truong Anh. Tuan"

----- "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tuan!
>
> I'm certain the Board would be delighted to see a Vietnamese community
> site. Generally we like to see a mockup or the live site in order to
> do an approval. Then we would set the vn.fc.o domain to point to
> your site. Do you have something prepared already we can look at?

Actually, we do not have any site/design now. This idea has been just
started after the Fedora 13 Release Party last week where I met a lot of
Fedora users. I hope to build Fedora community more tidy in Vietnam.

But I think, the site could be started with MediaWiki or WordPress with
default theme; then would be improved later.
I will install one if you need.

I am also appreciated much if you have any more ideas for us

> > I also need an official mailing list for the local community:
> > VN-community@lists.fedoraproject.org.
>
> This should be no problem. We have several other international
> community mailing lists, and we may want to follow the naming
> convention they use if possible. But regardless, it's simple to
> provide this. I believe we ask for representatives to file a ticket
> at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure -- login with your
> FAS account and password, and then fill in a mailing list ticket.

Thanks.

> Thanks for your interest in helping to build Fedora community
> worldwoide, Tuan. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Fedora, Linux and FOSS are favourite in my life

Kind regards,
Tuan

Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Frederic Hornain

Dear *,

As Luxembourg Fedora web site does not exist yet and as we have some people from Luxembourg requesting to have their information page.
I officially request the following domain name lu.fedoracommunity.org for Luxembourg the time someone from Luxembourg takes the lead for that part.

The IP associated to the FQDN is 188.40.138.124

Thanks for you time and your efforts.
Frederic Hornain

Fedora Belgium

Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 08:31:42AM +0700, Truong Anh. Tuan wrote:

> ----- "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Tuan!
> >
> > I'm certain the Board would be delighted to see a Vietnamese community
> > site. Generally we like to see a mockup or the live site in order to
> > do an approval. Then we would set the vn.fc.o domain to point to
> > your site. Do you have something prepared already we can look at?
>
> Actually, we do not have any site/design now. This idea has been just
> started after the Fedora 13 Release Party last week where I met a lot of
> Fedora users. I hope to build Fedora community more tidy in Vietnam.
>
> But I think, the site could be started with MediaWiki or WordPress with
> default theme; then would be improved later.
> I will install one if you need.
>
> I am also appreciated much if you have any more ideas for us

The Board reviewed and approved this request. I filed this ticket
with the Fedora infrastructure team: