Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
אלעד

Default Community domain request

Correction: i'm an active translator for 1 year, not 2. sorry about
the confusion.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Jon Stanley

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:01 AM, אלעד <el.il@doom.co.il> wrote:

>> The new proposed domain will be fedora.org.il

The Board doesn't like approving domains of fedora.org.<countrycode>,
because that can lead to confusion with an official Fedora domain in
the country. We would be happy to either use il.fedoracommunity.org
(which you've already declined), or something else - it can contain
the word fedora, however, it cannot be fedora.org.il or
fedoraproject.org.il absent some compelling reason.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:57:07PM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:01 AM, אלעד <el.il@doom.co.il> wrote:
>
> >> The new proposed domain will be fedora.org.il
>
> The Board doesn't like approving domains of fedora.org.<countrycode>,
> because that can lead to confusion with an official Fedora domain in
> the country. We would be happy to either use il.fedoracommunity.org
> (which you've already declined), or something else - it can contain
> the word fedora, however, it cannot be fedora.org.il or
> fedoraproject.org.il absent some compelling reason.

But note that any use of the word "fedora" in a domain is subject to
the requirements of a trademark license agreement:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Domain_names
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains#Self-purchased_domain

Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Mustafa Qasim

Hi,
**** We need the community domain for Fedora Pakistan to establish a web presence for local community.*

Mustafa Qasim
Executive II, IP Core
Worldcall Telecommunications Ltd. (An Omantel Company)

http://blog.mustu.info

Disclaimer: This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and privileged. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Mustafa Qasim <alajal@gmail.com> wrote:
> **** We need the community domain for Fedora Pakistan to establish a web
> presence for local community.

Do you have a current website that we can look at? This helps us as
we approve community domain requests.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

Old 01-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Mustafa Qasim

Worldcall Telecommunications Ltd. (An Omantel Company)

http://blog.mustu.info

Disclaimer: This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and privileged. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Hi,
*** Just to remind can we proceed to get the community domain for Pakistan?
--

Mustafa Qasim
Executive II, IP Core
Worldcall Telecommunications Ltd. (An Omantel Company)

+92 333 6651272
mustafa.qasim@worldcall.pk

http://blog.mustu.info

Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

*** Just to remind can we proceed to get the community domain for Pakistan?

I'd be happy to give it to you, but there are some prerequisites that need to be taken care of before we can proceed.* First of all, I need to see what the site would look like, and ensure that it meets the trademark guidelines.* The Fedora Board will then review it and vote to give you the community domain.

Do you have a website already designed that we can look at?

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 05-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Suresh Packiyarajah

Dear Board Member,

I am the responsible for the host (lk.fedoracommunity.org).if it's

granted.

1)Names of the team that will maintain the site :-Sri Lanka Fedora

Community.

2)their current roles in the Fedora community** :-Fedora
Ambassadors

Thanks Mr.Kaio for your valuable time and encourage us.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Suresh

- - ---

Fedora Ambassador - Sri Lanka.

Fas:-suresht #irc:-suresht

gpg-0x071DDF70

Key fingerprint = 80F2 6188 4A9C 82B9 5C10 0B89 D540 CA17 071D
DF70

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Suresht

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Suresht>