Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Frederic Hornain

Default Community domain request

Dear Paul,

Could you give me the status of that request - see below -* ?

Frederic Hornain

Fedora Belgium

Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 08:14:58PM +0200, Frederic Hornain wrote:
> > Dear *,
> >
> > As Luxembourg Fedora web site does not exist yet and as we have some
> people from Luxembourg requesting to have their information page.
> >I officially request the following domain name lu.fedoracommunity.org<http://be.fedoracommunity.org/>for Luxembourg the time someone from Luxembourg takes the lead for that
> part.
> > The IP associated to the FQDN is 188.40.138.124
> >Thanks for you time and your efforts.
> >
> >Frederic Hornain
> >Fedora Belgium

> Dear Paul,
>
> Could you give me the status of that request - see below - ?

Hello Frederic,

Perhaps you missed my previous reply on the list. In case you're not
subscribed, I'm sending this reply to your personal email as well. I
had a question about your request, which I wrote here:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2010-June/008567.html

"Hi Frederic -- I apologize for being obtuse, but I'm confused
by the message above. Are you looking to redirect lu.fc.o ->
be.fc.o? Or are you asking about reserving space in advance
for a different site?"

Sorry about missing you with that email.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Frederic Hornain

Dear Paul,

It should be a complete different site.
So the content will not be the same than be.fedoracommunity.org.
I know someone who is going to take that in charge in luxembourg but he do not have time for the moment to create the website.

Best Regards
Frederic

--

Paul W. Frields * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://paul.frields.org/

*gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 *5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717

*http://redhat.com/ * - *- *- *- * http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

* * * * *Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 12:50:31PM +0200, Frederic Hornain wrote:
> Dear Paul,
>
> It should be a complete different site.
> So the content will not be the same than be.fedoracommunity.org.
> I know someone who is going to take that in charge in luxembourg but he do
> not have time for the moment to create the website.
>
> Best Regards
> Frederic

Hi Frederic,

Generally the Board has required some sort of mockup or temporary URL
where they can examine the proposed site, for example to ensure the
trademark guidelines are consistently applied. I noticed that was
missing from the wiki page, so I added it[1].

Can you have the responsible person contact us once there's a mockup
or a site to look at? We won't assign the domain anywhere else as
long as we know someone's working on it and is planning to get back to
us when he's ready.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:05:19AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 12:50:31PM +0200, Frederic Hornain wrote:
> > Dear Paul,
> >
> > It should be a complete different site.
> > So the content will not be the same than be.fedoracommunity.org.
> > I know someone who is going to take that in charge in luxembourg but he do
> > not have time for the moment to create the website.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Frederic
>
> Hi Frederic,
>
> Generally the Board has required some sort of mockup or temporary URL
> where they can examine the proposed site, for example to ensure the
> trademark guidelines are consistently applied. I noticed that was
> missing from the wiki page, so I added it[1].
>
> Can you have the responsible person contact us once there's a mockup
> or a site to look at? We won't assign the domain anywhere else as
> long as we know someone's working on it and is planning to get back to
> us when he's ready.

Left off my reference:

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains

Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Gerard Braad

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Paul Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds like an appropriate use for a fedoracommunity.org
> subdomain -- once you and the other community members have the website
> available, can you let the Board know through this list? *Then we can
> review that page, and set up the domain pointers.

Please see the attached preview. I have added some additional
information at the bottom which indicate it is a 'community operated
website. The Fedora project and Red Hat are not responsible for the
content'.

the bubbles would contain the Chinese and link to a small overview
page where appropriate, like get-fedora and join-fedora which will
show a small overview of who to get in touch with (ambassadors, link
to the fedora page, etc) and regional would show different locations,
like Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan with an overview of their
local community.

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德
** Project-lead Fedora-MIPS

Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Gerard Braad

2010/7/9 Gerard Braad <gbraad@fedoraproject.org>:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Paul Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This sounds like an appropriate use for a fedoracommunity.org
>> subdomain -- once you and the other community members have the website
>> available, can you let the Board know through this list? *Then we can
>> review that page, and set up the domain pointers.
> the bubbles would contain the Chinese and link to a small overview
> page where appropriate, like get-fedora and join-fedora which will
> show a small overview of who to get in touch with (ambassadors, link
> to the fedora page, etc) and regional would show different locations,
> like Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan with an overview of their
> local community.

Several weeks have passed. I am curious what the status is of this request.

Gerard

Old 07-31-2010, 02:31 PM
"Caius 'kaio' Chance"