Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Community domain request

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:15:00AM +0200, Frederic Hornain wrote:
> Dear *,
>
> As Luxembourg Fedora web site does not exist yet and as we have some people
> from Luxembourg requesting to have their information page.
> I officially request the following domain name
> lu.fedoracommunity.org<http://be.fedoracommunity.org/>for Luxembourg
> the time someone from Luxembourg takes the lead for that
> part.
> The IP associated to the FQDN is 188.40.138.124
> Thanks for you time and your efforts.
>
> Frederic Hornain
> Fedora Belgium

Hi Frederic -- I apologize for being obtuse, but I'm confused by the
message above. Are you looking to redirect lu.fc.o -> be.fc.o? Or
are you asking about reserving space in advance for a different site?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Gerard Braad

> Names of the team that will maintain the site, and their current roles in the Fedora community

Gerard Braad
* Fedora Ambassador, Marketing Member, Project-Lead Fedora-MIPS
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Gbraad

Caius Chance
* Fedora Ambassador, Administrator of official Fedora Chinese Mailing List.
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kaio

Yijun Yuan
* Fedora Ambassador, Fedora Mentor, Member of FZUG
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bbbush

> Services that will be offered through the new domain

Combining all the current efforts that are taking place in the Chinese
Fedora Community.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Matt Domsch

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Gerard Braad <gbraad@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Combining all the current efforts that are taking place in the Chinese
> Fedora Community.

Which country code are you requesting? cn.fedoracommunity.org ?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Yuan Yijun

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Matt Domsch <matt@domsch.com> wrote:

> Which country code are you requesting? *cn.fedoracommunity.org ?

Can we have "zh"? Then more contents can be integrated.

--
bbbush ^_^

Old 06-26-2010, 02:24 AM
Gerard Braad

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Matt Domsch <matt@domsch.com> wrote:
>> Which country code are you requesting? Β*cn.fedoracommunity.org ?
> Can we have "zh"? Then more contents can be integrated.

cn.fc.o is one of the requests. Just some background information to
the request of 'zh': as you might know about China, we have different
language groups (spoken we have mandarin or cantonese and written is
simplified or traditional), but we also have the countries issue with
Hongkong being hk, Mainland China being cn and Taiwan being tw. We all
share the Chinese language (zhongwen) which is spoken in these areas
and even beyond in Malaysia and Singapore.

Gerard β€” 吉拉德

Old 06-26-2010, 06:24 AM
"Caius 'kaio' Chance"

Hi,

2010/6/26 Gerard Braad <gbraad@fedoraproject.org>

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Matt Domsch <matt@domsch.com> wrote:

>> Which country code are you requesting? Β*cn.fedoracommunity.org ?

> Can we have "zh"? Then more contents can be integrated.

cn.fc.o is one of the requests. Just some background information to

the request of 'zh': as you might know about China, we have different

language groups (spoken we have mandarin or cantonese and written is

simplified or traditional), but we also have the countries issue with

Hongkong being hk, Mainland China being cn and Taiwan being tw. We all

share the Chinese language (zhongwen) which is spoken in these areas

and even beyond in Malaysia and Singapore.

I think Fedora Infrastructure Team "Fedora Community" in fc.o means "Regional Community"?

If so, {cn,hk,tw,*} should be used.

Β*--
Caius 'kaio' Chance / γ‹γ„γŠ

Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Paul Frields

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Gerard Braad <gbraad@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Matt Domsch <matt@domsch.com> wrote:
>>> Which country code are you requesting? *cn.fedoracommunity.org ?
>> Can we have "zh"? Then more contents can be integrated.
>
> cn.fc.o is one of the requests. Just some background information to
> the request of 'zh': as you might know about China, we have different
> language groups (spoken we have mandarin or cantonese and written is
> simplified or traditional), but we also have the countries issue with
> Hongkong being hk, Mainland China being cn and Taiwan being tw. We all
> share the Chinese language (zhongwen) which is spoken in these areas
> and even beyond in Malaysia and Singapore.

OK, does this mean you're requesting both cn.fc.o and zh.fc.o then?
Is there a site for each of these requests the Board can review, and
then approve for DNS entries? Are you planning just one site for all
these domain names?

Paul

Old 06-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Gerard Braad

> OK, does this mean you're requesting both cn.fc.o and zh.fc.o then?
> Is there a site for each of these requests the Board can review, and
> then approve for DNS entries? Are you planning just one site for all
> these domain names?

Currently there is no webpage available yet, but it will be a short
overview pointing to each of these sites:

http://fedora-zh.org -- User:Bbbush, User:Kaio
http://www.fedorachina.cn -- User:Kimiazhu
http://fedora.tw

and other resources related to Fedora in the Chinese language, like
overview of activities, a short summary how to get involved and where
to find the distribution: http://fedoraproject.org/zh_CN/,
http://fedoraproject.org/zh_TW/

So yes, just one website for all these domains.

Gerard β€” 吉拉德

Old 06-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Paul Frields

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Gerard Braad <gbraad@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> OK, does this mean you're requesting both cn.fc.o and zh.fc.o then?
>> Is there a site for each of these requests the Board can review, and
>> then approve for DNS entries? Are you planning just one site for all
>> these domain names?
>
> Currently there is no webpage available yet, but it will be a short
> overview pointing to each of these sites:
>
> * http://fedora-zh.org -- User:Bbbush, User:Kaio
> * http://www.fedorachina.cn -- User:Kimiazhu
> * http://fedora.tw
>
> and other resources related to Fedora in the Chinese language, like
> overview of activities, a short summary how to get involved and where
> to find the distribution: http://fedoraproject.org/zh_CN/,
> http://fedoraproject.org/zh_TW/
>
> So yes, just one website for all these domains.

Gerard,

This sounds like an appropriate use for a fedoracommunity.org
subdomain -- once you and the other community members have the website
available, can you let the Board know through this list? Then we can
review that page, and set up the domain pointers.

Paul

Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Gerard Braad

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Paul Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gerard,
>
> This sounds like an appropriate use for a fedoracommunity.org
> subdomain -- once you and the other community members have the website
> available, can you let the Board know through this list? Β*Then we can
> review that page, and set up the domain pointers.
>
> Paul

Okeydokey. Will now create one so we can have it reviewed. Might take
a few days...

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad β€” 吉拉德