Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Fedora Board appointment

I'm very pleased to announce that Dimitris Glezos has been selected to
fill the final seat on the Fedora Project Board. Many of you may know
Dimitris from his tireless work in the Fedora Localization
(L10n/translation) team, as part of its steering committee, his past
work on Documentation including its steering committee, and additional
work with Websites, Marketing, Ambassadors, and other groups. He is
also the upstream creator of Transifex, a web-based application for
enabling free and open source, cross-project translation services.

Dimitris has extensive history and experience in growing FOSS
contribution, breaking down barriers across all boundaries (including
those of language and locale), vigorously collaborating with people
throughout the Fedora Project, and working tirelessly in an open and
transparent way that encourages trust, respect, and positivity. I
hope the whole Fedora community will join me in welcoming him to the
Board.

The new Board will meet for the first time next week, on Tuesday 13
January 2008. Dimitris will join Bill Nottingham and Matt Domsch, who
are returning as community-elected members, and fellow appointee
Christopher Aillon. I speak for the whole Board when I say that we
look forward to serving the community and that your input is always
welcome. Please feel free to join the fedora-advisory-board mailing
list to start a discussion if needed, or you may email us.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Robyn Bergeron

I am very delighted to announce that John Rose (aka inode0) will be
joining the Fedora Board in the final appointed slot for this cycle
(seat A4). Many of you know John from his work in the Ambassadors team
and his excellent election wrangling for many election cycles, as well
as being a familiar face in FUDCon planning, and his care for
transparency in finances (and transparency in general!). I believe
he'll be a fine addition to the Board, and I look forward to his
contributions and participation.

As John comes on, I'd also like to thank Guillermo Gomez for his work
done over the past year as the Board member who has been in this seat.
You will be missed!

A friendly reminder, also, that the Board is always happy to have
community input; please feel welcome to join the Board's mailing list at
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/Advisory-board to ask
questions or participate in discussion.

Welcome, John!

-Robyn