-   -   Election Town Halls (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/198992-election-town-halls.html)

Matt Domsch 11-24-2008 04:16 PM

Election Town Halls

When setting up the upcoming elections, based on participant requests,
I announced we would have some IRC Town Halls, for each of the groups
being elected, between Thursday December 4 and Saturday December 6.

I'd like to propose each group have at least one, and if the group so
wishes, two, such town halls. If two, schedule them at somewhat
opposite times of day to allow greatest community participation in at
least one.

Schedule: non-overlapping, first-come-first-serve by the groups. I've
put up a placeholder schedule for the Board town halls, subject to
revision based on availability of the nominees.

Committee chairs: please discuss with your nominees the best times
they are available, and schedule on the wiki page [1] accordingly.

Moderators: consider this a call for moderators. If you would like to
moderate one or more sessions, please contact me directly. Moderators
will take questions from the -public IRC channel, ask them in the
-townhall channel, and try to keep the conversations on topic.

I've set up two IRC rooms on FreeNode:
#fedora-townhall - moderator and those running for election may speak,
anyone else can read.

#fedora-townhall-public - anyone can speak. Questions asked here may
be presented by the moderator in
#fedora-townhall.

Comments?

(all current nominees have been bcc'd)

Thanks,
Matt

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

Matt Domsch 12-03-2008 02:45 AM

Election Town Halls

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:16:32AM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> When setting up the upcoming elections, based on participant requests,
> I announced we would have some IRC Town Halls, for each of the groups
> being elected, between Thursday December 4 and Saturday December 6.
>
> I'd like to propose each group have at least one, and if the group so
> wishes, two, such town halls. If two, schedule them at somewhat
> opposite times of day to allow greatest community participation in at
> least one.
>
> Schedule: non-overlapping, first-come-first-serve by the groups. I've
> put up a placeholder schedule for the Board town halls, subject to
> revision based on availability of the nominees.
>

> Committee chairs: please discuss with your nominees the best times
> they are available, and schedule on the wiki page [1] accordingly.
>

> Moderators: consider this a call for moderators. If you would like to
> moderate one or more sessions, please contact me directly. Moderators
> will take questions from the -public IRC channel, ask them in the
> -townhall channel, and try to keep the conversations on topic.

We still need moderators for two town hall sessions:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections#Schedule

Friday
02:00 UTC Fedora Project Board 9pm Eastern Thursday night

Saturday
17:00 UTC FAMSCo Noon Eastern Saturday

I would appreciate volunteers, but will draft people if necessary. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

inode0 12-03-2009 10:46 PM

Election Town Halls

Today we completed the 6 town halls for the Fedora Project Board,
FESCo, and FAmSCo elections. If you weren't able to attend these you
can access logs from each meeting from the main election page on the
wiki.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

I'd like to thank all the candidates who chose to participate in one
or more of the town halls. Without their cooperation our moderators
would have been very lonely.

I'd like to also thank Yaakov Nemoy, Toshio Kuratomi, Kevin Fenzi,
Lars Delhage, Karsten Wade, and Paul Mellors for volunteering to do
the sometimes exciting and sometimes not so exciting work as
moderators of these events.

Remember to vote! The schedule for voting has been slightly revised as
described on the wiki but will begin on December 5 and run through at
least December 15. Vote early though to help us minimize any impact
our other activities might have.

John

"Paul W. Frields" 05-12-2010 01:50 PM

Election town halls

Now that the questionnaires have been posted, we're approaching the
time frame for election town halls, as seen in the schedule posted on
the election page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

John, do you need help rounding up further moderators or setting up
the town hall schedule?

"Paul W. Frields" 05-12-2010 01:55 PM

Election town halls

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 09:50:25AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Now that the questionnaires have been posted, we're approaching the
> time frame for election town halls, as seen in the schedule posted on
> the election page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
>
> John, do you need help rounding up further moderators or setting up
> the town hall schedule?

Right after sending this, I got a ping from John on IRC saying he was
updating the wiki with a schedule. What timing! We can update this
thread once the schedule's posted.

inode0 05-12-2010 02:44 PM

Election town halls

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 09:50:25AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> Now that the questionnaires have been posted, we're approaching the
>> time frame for election town halls, as seen in the schedule posted on
>> the election page:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
>>
>> John, do you need help rounding up further moderators or setting up
>> the town hall schedule?
>
> Right after sending this, I got a ping from John on IRC saying he was
> updating the wiki with a schedule. *What timing! *We can update this
> thread once the schedule's posted.

I've updated the wiki page with the schedule (there are two that are
unfortunate UTC times for clearly conveying the day of the town hall).
I'm waiting to confirm one moderator before filling in the final two
moderator slots at this point. I hope that can be complete later
today.

John

inode0 05-12-2010 06:51 PM

Election town halls

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM, inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 09:50:25AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> Now that the questionnaires have been posted, we're approaching the
>>> time frame for election town halls, as seen in the schedule posted on
>>> the election page:
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections
>>>
>>> John, do you need help rounding up further moderators or setting up
>>> the town hall schedule?
>>
>> Right after sending this, I got a ping from John on IRC saying he was
>> updating the wiki with a schedule. *What timing! *We can update this
>> thread once the schedule's posted.
>
> I've updated the wiki page with the schedule (there are two that are
> unfortunate UTC times for clearly conveying the day of the town hall).
> I'm waiting to confirm one moderator before filling in the final two
> moderator slots at this point. I hope that can be complete later
> today.

Moderators are all lined up and ready to go now and I'm really
delighted by who volunteered to help with moderation duties this year.

John

"Paul W. Frields" 05-12-2010 07:43 PM

Election town halls

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 01:51:48PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM, inode0 <inode0@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Right after sending this, I got a ping from John on IRC saying he was
> >> updating the wiki with a schedule. *What timing! *We can update this
> >> thread once the schedule's posted.
> >
> > I've updated the wiki page with the schedule (there are two that are
> > unfortunate UTC times for clearly conveying the day of the town hall).
> > I'm waiting to confirm one moderator before filling in the final two
> > moderator slots at this point. I hope that can be complete later
> > today.
>
> Moderators are all lined up and ready to go now and I'm really
> delighted by who volunteered to help with moderation duties this year.

As am I -- a nice assortment of people from around the entire project
and the world. Well done all!