-   -   Fedora IRC Board Meeting Recap 2008-11-18 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/196312-fedora-irc-board-meeting-recap-2008-11-18-a.html)

John Poelstra 11-19-2008 04:42 PM

Fedora IRC Board Meeting Recap 2008-11-18

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-11-18

* Public IRC Meeting

== Topics Discussed ==
* With the announcement of a Fedora Server special interest group (SIG),
Will Fedora have a server release?

* What about a searchable Fedora knowledge base?
* What progress is being made on the Fedora 11 and Fedora 12 schedule
discussion?

* What about creating a history of past release schedules?

== IRC Transcript ==

Kevin Fenzi 11-19-2008 04:55 PM

Fedora IRC Board Meeting Recap 2008-11-18

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:42:28 -0800
poelstra@redhat.com (John Poelstra) wrote:

> Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-11-18
>
> * Public IRC Meeting
>
> == Topics Discussed ==
> * With the announcement of a Fedora Server special interest group
> (SIG), Will Fedora have a server release?
> * What about a searchable Fedora knowledge base?
> * What progress is being made on the Fedora 11 and Fedora 12 schedule
> discussion?
> * What about creating a history of past release schedules?
>
> == IRC Transcript ==

Thanks for posting that.

2 minor requests:

1. Could we also log and post the log from the public channel?
Sometimes it's nice to be able to read the question from the questioner
and/or more background from it.

2. Before the IRC board meetings start, would it be possible to notify
folks in the #fedora-devel, #fedora and #fedora-meeting channels that
it's about to start?

Thanks for posting the logs!

kevin

John Poelstra 11-19-2008 07:22 PM

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:42:28 -0800
Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-11-18

* Public IRC Meeting

== Topics Discussed ==
* With the announcement of a Fedora Server special interest group
(SIG), Will Fedora have a server release?
* What about a searchable Fedora knowledge base?
* What progress is being made on the Fedora 11 and Fedora 12 schedule
discussion?

* What about creating a history of past release schedules?

== IRC Transcript ==

Thanks for posting that.

2 minor requests:

1. Could we also log and post the log from the public channel?
Sometimes it's nice to be able to read the question from the questioner
and/or more background from it.

If someone has a log from yesterday (preferably irsii) and can send it
to me, I'll post it.

2. Before the IRC board meetings start, would it be possible to notify
folks in the #fedora-devel, #fedora and #fedora-meeting channels that
it's about to start?

Great idea

Thanks for posting the logs!

You're welcome.

John

"Paul W. Frields" 11-20-2008 03:06 AM

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:22:04PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Thanks for posting that.
>>
>> 2 minor requests:
>>
>> 1. Could we also log and post the log from the public channel?
>> Sometimes it's nice to be able to read the question from the questioner
>> and/or more background from it.
>
> If someone has a log from yesterday (preferably irsii) and can send it
> to me, I'll post it.
>
>> 2. Before the IRC board meetings start, would it be possible to notify
>> folks in the #fedora-devel, #fedora and #fedora-meeting channels that
>> it's about to start?
>
> Great idea

I usually do this, and completely failed to do so this time. I
apologize!

"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" 11-20-2008 03:31 PM

Fedora IRC Board Meeting Recap 2008-11-18

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:22:04PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:

> If someone has a log from yesterday (preferably irsii) and can send it to
> me, I'll post it.

Just as easy to convert it and post it on the wiki, so ...

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_Public_IRC_log_20081118

... and it gives me a chance to enforce page naming scheme. Since we
don't need IRC logs in the common search space, I don't think you need
to make a redirect from a nested location; a link from a notes page
should be enough.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41