Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Fedora trademark guidelines: More comments

Hi

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines

"Spins using the Fedora Trademarks or the Secondary Mark may be subject
to additional requirements imposed by the Fedora Board or its designees
or delegates."

This sentence is quite confusing to me. Why would spins using the
secondary mark? I thought the secondary mark is not regulated by the
Fedora Board at all anyway.

It is not clear from a reading of the guidelines that

Spins = Official variants
Remixes = Community variants

Rahul

Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

B1;1704;0cOn Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 05:24:39PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines
>
> "Spins using the Fedora Trademarks or the Secondary Mark may be subject
> to additional requirements imposed by the Fedora Board or its designees
> or delegates."
>
> This sentence is quite confusing to me. Why would spins using the
> secondary mark? I thought the secondary mark is not regulated by the
> Fedora Board at all anyway.
>
> It is not clear from a reading of the guidelines that
>
> Spins = Official variants
> Remixes = Community variants

I will be making some additional adjustments at the suggestion of RH
Legal, after talking to them on Tuesday about some last-minute
concerns they had. The sentence in question, for example, is
scheduled for demolition. I'll also be clarifying the definitions as
part of this work. I'll make a big announcement once the editing's
all done.