-   -   predictable releases Halloween and May Day (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/1366-predictable-releases-halloween-may-day.html)

Thorsten Leemhuis 11-20-2007 03:07 PM

On 20.11.2007 16:47, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:45:30 -0500
> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> tracking release dates for Fedora much more aggressively. The
>>> current goal: release Fedora twice a year, at Halloween and May
>>> Day, every year."
>>> Did that goal change again? Or was it forgotten?
>>> Just wondering.
>> I think Jesse just mis-did his month counting :)
> Oops. It was requested of us to do our final releases on Tuesdays
> instead of Thursdays. It's a lot easier to get the press to pay
> attention to us early in the week rather than later. I just forgot to
> change the month when I changed the day.

Things happen -- looking back at the changes now I might have guest that
if I might have looked closer, but the "Release Candidate 1" moved to a
later date, so on a first sight it made sense that the final release
moved to a later date as well.

CU
knurd

John Poelstra 11-20-2007 03:14 PM

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:45:30 -0500
tracking release dates for Fedora much more aggressively. The
current goal: release Fedora twice a year, at Halloween and May
Day, every year."

Did that goal change again? Or was it forgotten?

Just wondering.

I think Jesse just mis-did his month counting :)

Oops. It was requested of us to do our final releases on Tuesdays
instead of Thursdays. It's a lot easier to get the press to pay
attention to us early in the week rather than later. I just forgot to
change the month when I changed the day.

I could easily create a custom report (if we don't have it already) to
automatically create this page... upside is that everything calculates
automatically, downside it is not as pretty, though I don't think it
would be that hard to fix with some css tweaks.

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f9/f9-milestones.html

Slightly, tangentially, I wonder if the pretty wiki version
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule
should be higher level and encompassing of important milestones across
the Fedora Project (Events like FUDCon, Art Team, Marketing,
Infrastructure, etc.) while putting some of the more team specific tasks
in sub-schedules in that team's wiki space.

Thoughts? Comments?

John