-   -   predictable releases Halloween and May Day (was: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Releases/9/Schedule" by JesseKeating) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/1324-predictable-releases-halloween-may-day-fedora-project-wiki-update-releases-9-schedule-jessekeating.html)

Thorsten Leemhuis 11-20-2007 02:32 PM

On 20.11.2007 15:01, fedorawiki-noreply@fedoraproject.org wrote:
> The following page has been changed by JesseKeating:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule?action=diff&rev2=11&rev1=10
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Update with releng/fesco changes.
> ||<tableclass="t1" rowclass="th">Date||Event||
> ||8 Nov 2007||Fedora 8 Release||
> ||8 Nov 2007||Fedora 9 Planning Begins (Features considered for approval)||
> + ||15 Jan 2008||Fedora 9 Alpha freeze (non blocking)||
> - ||17 Jan 2008||Fedora 9 Alpha release||
> + ||24 Jan 2008||Fedora 9 Alpha release||
> ||4 March 2008||Fedora 9 Beta freeze||
> ||4 March 2008||Fedora 9 Planning Ends (No new Features considered)||
> ||4 March 2008||Fedora 9 'FEATURE freeze '||
> @@ -18, +19 @@
>
> ||1 April 2008||Fedora 9 'translation freeze'||
> ||8 April 2008||Final Development freeze||
> ||8 April 2008||Branch all packages for Fedora 9||
> + ||10 April 2008||Fedora 9 Preview Release||
> - ||17 April 2008||Release Candidate 1||
> + ||22 April 2008||Release Candidate 1||
> - ||1 May 2008||Fedora 9 final release||
> + ||29 May 2008||Fedora 9 final release||
>
> - In addition to the test releases, the nightly trees will usually be installable.
> + In addition to the test releases, the nightly trees will usually be installable.
> +
> + After Beta release, weekly snapshots will be attempted each Friday.

I thought the Board not that long ago agreed to have more predictable
release schedule with a release target end of April/early May and end of
October/early November? Gregdek for example mentioned in
http://gregdek.livejournal.com/12639.html: "we're going to start
tracking release dates for Fedora much more aggressively. The current
goal: release Fedora twice a year, at Halloween and May Day, every year."

Did that goal change again? Or was it forgotten?

Just wondering.

CU
knurd

Jesse Keating 11-20-2007 02:47 PM

predictable releases Halloween and May Day (was: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Releases/9/Schedule" by JesseKeating)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:45:30 -0500
Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:

> > tracking release dates for Fedora much more aggressively. The
> > current goal: release Fedora twice a year, at Halloween and May
> > Day, every year."
> >
> > Did that goal change again? Or was it forgotten?
> >
> > Just wondering.
>
> I think Jesse just mis-did his month counting :)

Oops. It was requested of us to do our final releases on Tuesdays
instead of Thursdays. It's a lot easier to get the press to pay
attention to us early in the week rather than later. I just forgot to
change the month when I changed the day.

--
Jesse Keating

Max Spevack 11-20-2007 03:25 PM

predictable releases Halloween and May Day (was: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Releases/9/Schedule" by JesseKeating)