Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
"Christian Kujau"

Default Find and delete 'broken files/inodes' in ext3

On Thu, May 29, 2008 17:15, santi@usansolo.net wrote:
> # ls -l /tmp/apspkgarc/
> total 0
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? AdvancedPoll-2.03-30.app.zip
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? Coppermine-1.3.3-45.app.zip
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? joomla-1.0.12-36.app.zip
> ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? Mambo-4.6.2-8.app.zip

Hm, looks lile filesystem errors to me. Did you try to e2fsck your /tmp
partition?

> # umount /dev/i2o/hda4
> # debugfs -w /dev/i2o/hda4
> debugfs 1.35 (28-Feb-2004) debugfs: freei /var/run/named.pid
> "freei" is a secure method to delete those files?

If your fs is clean, debugfs can do wonders. If it's not, debugfs seems
rather dangerous...

> find / -type s -prune 2> /tmp/find_broken_files.txt > /dev/null

You're searching for sockets and find will complain to stderr if it cannot
find a referenced file. Again, use e2fsck. No filesystem should have
"broken files"...

C.
--
make bzImage, not war