Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 PM

Default e2freefrag says filesystem too large

Can someone tell me if this will be fixed?

# e2freefrag
/dev/sdl1
Device: /dev/sdl1
Blocksize: 4096 bytes
/dev/sdl1: Filesystem too large to use legacy bitmaps while reading
block bitmap

# rpm -qa|grep e2fsprogs
e2fsprogs-libs-1.42.5-1.fc18.x86_64
e2fsprogs-1.42.5-1.fc18.x86_64

# df|grep /dev/sdl1
/dev/sdl1*******************************
35143869536 30265426892* 4175317880* 88% /mnt/backup

Thanks!

---
Will Y.

dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is

believed to be clean.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 AM
"Theodore Ts'o"

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 07:51:24PM -0000, aragonx@dcsnow.com wrote:

> Can someone tell me if this will be fixed?
>
> # e2freefrag
> /dev/sdl1: Filesystem too large to use legacy bitmaps while reading
> block bitmap
>
> # rpm -qa|grep e2fsprogs
> e2fsprogs-1.42.5-1.fc18.x86_64

Yes, it's fixed in e2fsprogs 1.42.7. And if you're using 64-bit file
systems, you really really want to upgrade to 1.42.7 --- especially if
you are ever thinking of using resize2fs; we fixed a number of very
serious bugs, some of which could destroy file systems if you try to
do off-line resizes. See the release notes for more details:

http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs-release.html#1.42.7

Regards,

- Ted