Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 PM
John Nelson

Default copying

hi

I got a very fragmented video file that is in about 3200 extents. I
copied the file about 10 times to see if can get a lower amount of
extents. Some times i got 30 and sometimes 1000. My drive is 90% free.
Does ext3 have trouble finding free space for files that are being copied?

The video file is about 600 Megabytes.