-   EXT3 Users (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/)
-   -   mount problems with ext3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/486153-mount-problems-ext3.html)

shivraj 01-13-2011 08:26 AM

mount problems with ext3

dear all ,
i have created ext3 partition on NetBSD system
i am sending data to that ext3 partition using iscsi protocol.
i have mounted the same partition on another linux machine .
The problem is that to view new upcomming data on ext3 partition i need to
first umount and then need to mount the previously mounted partition.
can any one tell me whether i can view new data on the ext3 partition
without unmounting and mounting that partition?

Andreas Dilger 02-07-2011 03:31 PM

mount problems with ext3

On 2011-01-13, at 01:26, shivraj wrote:
> i have created ext3 partition on NetBSD system
> i am sending data to that ext3 partition using iscsi protocol.
> i have mounted the same partition on another linux machine .
> The problem is that to view new upcomming data on ext3 partition i need to
> first umount and then need to mount the previously mounted partition.
> can any one tell me whether i can view new data on the ext3 partition
> without unmounting and mounting that partition?

Ext3 is not a shared filesystem, and mounting it from two different systems will lead to data corruption and loss. You need to use something like NFS to do this.

Cheers, Andreas