Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
"lakshmi pathi"

Default exthide - Linux File hiding tool

Hi friends,

I wrote a file hiding program under linux.(It's alpha)

Here is the link :

http://freshmeat.net/projects/exthide

I welcome your comments and feedback and criticizms. ;-)

Cheerrss,

Lakshmipathi.G

Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Theodore Tso

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 04:23:38PM +0530, lakshmi pathi wrote:
> Hi friends,
> I wrote a file hiding program under linux.(It's alpha)
> Here is the link :
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/exthide

This is a dangerous program; if a full fsck is run on the filesystem,
your "hidden files" will be erased.

The code quality could defintely be improved, in terms of indentation
style, #including the correct header files for portability, etc.

- Ted

Old 02-07-2008, 04:05 AM
"lakshmi pathi"

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes,i need to improve a lot on my coding skills,

i'll surely learn and implement it soon.

After hiding a file,i executed fsck program.

fsck said :

Unattached inode 6932386

Connect to /lost+found?

*i typed 'yes',the inode is placed under /lost+found directory.

Now i tried to run exthide to unhide the file.The file is placed in its directory.

yes,the hidden files are exposed during fsck.

i don't think exthide will crash the harddisk.

I agree exthide makes the standard file system into dirty,

but i don't to think exthide is a dangerous program,

as long as user hides minimum number of files with it.

[I may be wrong here - please correct me if i'm wrong.]

Thanks once again for your comments.

Thanks,

Lakshmipathi.G