Old 03-19-2010, 01:55 AM
MirJafar Ali

Default File Age emulation

Hello,

I have a new hard drive and need to do some study on filesystem aging. Is there any
simulator which can fill the drive with some realistic file system behaviour ( size, age etc) ?

Thanks.

Mir

Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Eric Sandeen

MirJafar Ali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a new hard drive and need to do some study on filesystem aging.
> Is there any
> simulator which can fill the drive with some realistic file system
> behaviour ( size, age etc) ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mir

Are these still questions for a class you are taking? Ted asked you
that earlier, but I see there was no reply... You have had
a very interesting collection of questions for the list, and I
wonder what the goal might be for you... rather than asking seemingly
random questions, is there a larger goal you are trying to accomplish
here, or are we possibly just doing your homework?

-Eric