Old 03-06-2010, 03:07 PM
MirJafar Ali

Default data block timestamp ?

Hello

I am interested in knowing the sequence of datablocks request/serviced by ext2 filesystem to analyse
the disk IO pattern.

Can someone suggest if there are some software that can do this ?

Thanks

Mir

Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Eric Sandeen

MirJafar Ali wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am interested in knowing the sequence of datablocks request/serviced
> by ext2 filesystem to analyse
> the disk IO pattern.
>
> Can someone suggest if there are some software that can do this ?

Depending on what you want, blktrace may be helpful, if you want to know
when IO happens and to which blocks.

-Eric