-   EXT3 Users (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/)
-   -   data block timestamp ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/337071-data-block-timestamp.html)

MirJafar Ali 03-06-2010 03:07 PM

data block timestamp ?

Hello

I am interested in knowing the sequence of datablocks request/serviced by ext2 filesystem to analyse
the disk IO pattern.

Can someone suggest if there are some software that can do this ?

Thanks

Mir

Eric Sandeen 03-08-2010 04:31 PM

data block timestamp ?

MirJafar Ali wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am interested in knowing the sequence of datablocks request/serviced
> by ext2 filesystem to analyse
> the disk IO pattern.
>
> Can someone suggest if there are some software that can do this ?

Depending on what you want, blktrace may be helpful, if you want to know
when IO happens and to which blocks.

-Eric