Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Eric Sandeen

Default Invalid superblock after e2fsck

Albert Sellarès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the original filesystem (on a logical volume) "intact" because I've
> always worked on snapshots.
>
> The filesystem has less than 2^31 blocks. This system has been correctly
> running for four years and corruption become because of a hardware problem
> with a SAN device.
>
> The output of dumpe2fs -h /dev/storage/cabina is:
>
> dumpe2fs 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)

> Block count: 2077085696

> Block size: 4096

Yep, right you are, just figured it was worth a check.

Since you can safely operate on a snapshot, -maybe- it would be worth
testing with an e2fsprogs which is newer than that which ships with rhel4...
this wouldn't be a RHEL-supported option, but if there is something which
has been fixed upstream it would help identify the problem if
we knew which release fixed it.

-Eric

Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Albert Sellarès

Hi,

I already tried to check the filesystem with last e2fsprogs version
(1.41.10) but with this version I did get a segfault.

I opened a bug with all the information [1]

Thank you!

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2956459&group_id=2406&atid=102406

El dt 23 de 02 de 2010 a les 09:16 -0600, en/na Eric Sandeen va
escriure:

--
Albert Sellarès GPG id: 0x13053FFE
http://www.wekk.net whats@jabber.org

Old 02-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Albert Sellarès

Hi,

I already have the e2fsck output. If you would manage to find what
happened and/or a possible fix, please let me know.

This is the file:
http://88.87.193.250/e2fsck.output.txt.bz2

Thank you very much!

El dt 23 de 02 de 2010 a les 09:06 +0100, en/na Albert Sellarès va
escriure: