Old 03-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Mag Gam

Default large filesystem with many small files

Hello All,

I have several filesystems which are in 5 to 6TB range. I also have
many small files on these fileysytem and I use a lot of hardlinking. I
was wondering when will ext3 start hitting its limits? So far, it had
no problems.

Also, is it better to have small filesystems to avoid any pitfalls?

TIA