Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Theodore Tso

Default dumpe2fs and external journal: Illegal inode number while reading journal inode

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 06:20:36PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> I created an ext4 fs with an external journal.
> I wanted to check how big the journal was, and tried:
>
> # dumpe2fs -h /dev/mapper/volg1-logv1
> Journal backup: inode blocks
> dumpe2fs: Illegal inode number while reading journal inode

This bug was fixed in e2fsprogs 1.41.4. (By commenting out the code
that printed the journal size; I was in a hurry to get 1.41.4 out the
door.)

You can get the size of an exernal journal by running dumpe2fs on the
external journal.

- Ted

Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Ralf Hildebrandt

* Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu>:

> This bug was fixed in e2fsprogs 1.41.4. (By commenting out the code
> that printed the journal size; I was in a hurry to get 1.41.4 out the
> door.)
>
> You can get the size of an exernal journal by running dumpe2fs on the
> external journal.

Yes, I found out.
Anyway, I'm back to a 128MB internal journal now.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155