-   EXT3 Users (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/)
-   -   advice on partitioning (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/249420-advice-partitioning.html)

Ross Boylan 02-20-2009 06:13 PM

advice on partitioning

I use Cyrus, which writes each email message to a separate file on disk.
I have a lot of mail.

Is it OK to put this on the general /var partition, or are the optimal
parameters so different that it really should be separate?

I've encrypted /var, so making another encrypted partition means another
prompt to deal with on startup. I'm hoping to avoid that. Either way,
everything would be on the same physical disks (software RAID1).

I'd also appreciate any hints about which parameters I should tune.

Thanks.
--
Ross Boylan wk: (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700 ross@biostat.ucsf.edu