Old 02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Shweta Vichare

Default Query on EXT3 Online Resize

Hello,

Do we have any handy patch for onlne resize of EXT3 filesystems using
e2fsprogs 1.41 ( resize2fs ) for user space 32 bit and kernel space 64 bit

Shweta

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Theodore Tso

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:26:25PM +0530, Shweta Vichare wrote:

> Do we have any handy patch for onlne resize of EXT3 filesystems using
> e2fsprogs 1.41 ( resize2fs ) for user space 32 bit and kernel space 64 bit

What specific version of e2fsprogs and (more importantly) the kernel
are you using? It should Just Work, although there were some
compatibility bugs that were fixed sometime around 2.6.26 or 2.6.27 if
memory serves correctly (hmm... although only for ext4 if memory
serves correctly; I should double check and see if the bug was fixed
for ext3.) It's not something which gets a lot of testing though, so
it's possible it got broken and no one noticed.

- Ted