Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Loic Le Loarer

Default see current superblock information

Hi all,

I would like to have the current number of used/free inode count on a
mounted ext3 fs. It is very useful to debug a situation where you cannot
create new files while the fs isn't full according to "df" (i.e. when
free inode count is zero).

My first idea was to use "tune2fs -l /dev/device", it gives all the
information I need, but it reflects only the on-disk superblock, which
seems to never be written while the fs is mounted.

So I'm look for a way to either force the flush of the superblock or to
just have the current used/free inode count.

I hope I have contacted the correct mailing list.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Best regards.
--
Loc