-   EXT3 Users (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/)
-   -   Rsync --link-dest and ext3: can I increase the number of inodes? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ext3-users/163919-rsync-link-dest-ext3-can-i-increase-number-inodes.html)

Richard Michael 09-22-2008 12:44 AM

Rsync --link-dest and ext3: can I increase the number of inodes?

Hello list,

(I run rsync --link-dest backups onto ext3 and am anticipating running
out of inodes.)

Is there a tool I can use to increase the number of inodes on an ext3
filesystem?

Also, are there any other implications I should be aware of when using
rsync in this way on ext3? Specifically, what became of this discussion
related to e2fsck and memory use?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/ext3-users/2007-April/msg00017.html

Thanks,
Richard