Old 08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Jure Pečar

Default ext2online with 1k blocks not working

Hello,

As a Virtuozzo users we have majority of our diskspace formatted with -i 1024 -b 1024.

Lately I discovered that on CentOS 4.6 ext2online barfs when I try to grow such filesystem. Running it with -v -d, it prints lots of lines like:

ext2online v1.1.18 - 2001/03/18 for EXT2FS 0.5b
ext2online: 873646830 is a bad size for an ext2 fs! rounding down to 873644033
group NNN inode table has offset 2, not 2475
checking for group block NNNN in Bond
found 2218 not 2474 at 3513[168]

ext2online: unable to resize /dev/cciss/c0d0p3

And exit error code is 3.

I verified on a test system that ext2online works perfectly well in same situation with 4k blocks.

Any ideas?

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org