FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > EPEL Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Orion Poplawski
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

I have no way (that I know of) of knowing what version of thunderbird
(if any) is available on EL5 ppc. Can someone enlighten me?



-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 04:32:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: buildsys@fedoraproject.org
To: thunderbird-lightning-owner@fedoraproject.org



thunderbird-lightning has broken dependencies in the epel-5 tree:
On ppc:
thunderbird-lightning-1.2.3-1.el5.ppc requires thunderbird < 0:11.0
thunderbird-lightning-1.2.3-1.el5.ppc requires thunderbird >= 0:10.0
Please resolve this as soon as possible.



_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 08-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Orion Poplawski
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

On 08/10/2012 01:45 AM, Jan Horak wrote:

On 08/10/2012 09:41 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:

I can see thunderbird-10.0.6-1.el5_8.ppc.rpm built in RH buildsystem, but
not sure what we actually support. CCing the TB maintainer.

Matěj


On RHELs there is an ESR version, right now Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR.


I don't know what an ESR is. Does this mean that all RHEL5 ppc users could
get TB 10? What is causing the EPEL broken dep report then?



--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder Office FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane orion@nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301 http://www.nwra.com

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Matěj Cepl
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

On 10/08/12 17:05, Orion Poplawski wrote:

I don't know what an ESR is. Does this mean that all RHEL5 ppc users
could get TB 10? What is causing the EPEL broken dep report then?


https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB 25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-- Albert Einstein

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Stephen John Smoogen
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

On 10 August 2012 09:05, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 08/10/2012 01:45 AM, Jan Horak wrote:
>>
>> On 08/10/2012 09:41 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>>>
>>> I can see thunderbird-10.0.6-1.el5_8.ppc.rpm built in RH buildsystem, but
>>> not sure what we actually support. CCing the TB maintainer.
>>>
>>> Matěj
>>>
>> On RHELs there is an ESR version, right now Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR.
>
>
> I don't know what an ESR is. Does this mean that all RHEL5 ppc users could
> get TB 10? What is causing the EPEL broken dep report then?

Orion. I believe the cause of the broken dep is that there is no
Thunderbird for PPC.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."
Linus Torvalds
"Years ago my mother used to say to me,... Elwood, you must be oh
so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Jan Horak
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

Dne 08/10/2012 05:05 PM, Orion Poplawski napsal(a):

On 08/10/2012 01:45 AM, Jan Horak wrote:

On 08/10/2012 09:41 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
I can see thunderbird-10.0.6-1.el5_8.ppc.rpm built in RH
buildsystem, but

not sure what we actually support. CCing the TB maintainer.

Matěj


On RHELs there is an ESR version, right now Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR.


I don't know what an ESR is. Does this mean that all RHEL5 ppc users
could get TB 10? What is causing the EPEL broken dep report then?



Thunderbird ESR is for enterprise. Currently it's based on TB 10. Next
ESR (based on TB 17) will be released in November 2012. TB 10 ESR works
with lightning 1.2.X:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Calendar/Calendar_Versions#Stable_ESR_Releases
which seems to be ok:
> thunderbird-lightning has broken dependencies in the epel-5 tree:
> On ppc:
> thunderbird-lightning-1.2.3-1.el5.ppc requires thunderbird < 0:11.0
> thunderbird-lightning-1.2.3-1.el5.ppc requires thunderbird >= 0:10.0
> Please resolve this as soon as possible.
But I've no idea how epel works and from where it should get TB package.
Matej, is it also broken for rhel6?

--
jh

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Orion Poplawski
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

On 08/15/2012 06:48 AM, Jan Horak wrote:

Dne 08/10/2012 05:05 PM, Orion Poplawski napsal(a):

On 08/10/2012 01:45 AM, Jan Horak wrote:

On 08/10/2012 09:41 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:

I can see thunderbird-10.0.6-1.el5_8.ppc.rpm built in RH buildsystem, but
not sure what we actually support. CCing the TB maintainer.

Matěj


On RHELs there is an ESR version, right now Thunderbird 10.0.6 ESR.


I don't know what an ESR is. Does this mean that all RHEL5 ppc users could
get TB 10? What is causing the EPEL broken dep report then?



Thunderbird ESR is for enterprise. Currently it's based on TB 10. Next ESR
(based on TB 17) will be released in November 2012. TB 10 ESR works with
lightning 1.2.X:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Calendar/Calendar_Versions#Stable_ESR_Releases

which seems to be ok:
> thunderbird-lightning has broken dependencies in the epel-5 tree:
> On ppc:
> thunderbird-lightning-1.2.3-1.el5.ppc requires thunderbird < 0:11.0
> thunderbird-lightning-1.2.3-1.el5.ppc requires thunderbird >= 0:10.0
> Please resolve this as soon as possible.
But I've no idea how epel works and from where it should get TB package.
Matej, is it also broken for rhel6?


I only get the broken dep report for epel-5, not epel-6. So perhaps some
channel is not being included in the report?


--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder Office FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane orion@nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301 http://www.nwra.com

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 
Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Stephen John Smoogen
 
Default Fwd: Broken dependencies: thunderbird-lightning

On 15 August 2012 09:24, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 08/15/2012 06:48 AM, Jan Horak wrote:
>
> I only get the broken dep report for epel-5, not epel-6. So perhaps some
> channel is not being included in the report?
>

If it is in a channel for 5.x-PPC it is in something we in Fedora do
not have access to. So I would say its something to exclude on.


--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."
Linus Torvalds
"Years ago my mother used to say to me,... Elwood, you must be oh
so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

_______________________________________________
epel-devel-list mailing list
epel-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/epel-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org