-   -   Package replacement (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/688061-package-replacement.html)

Michael Rauch 07-27-2012 11:55 AM

Package replacement

Hello everybody,
*
we facing in our Red Hat Network Satellite Server environment the following issue with RHEL6 (x86_64)
and EPEL 6 (x86_64) channels.
*
If we subscribe the “EPEL 6 channel” and the “RHEL6 channel rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-6” to our
systems, the RHEL6 RPM package
*
“jabberpy-0.5-0.20.el6sat.noarch”
*
will replaced with the EPEL6 RPM package
*
“jabberpy-0.5-0.21.el6.noarch“.
*
Is there a possibility to prevent yum from replacing RHEL packages with packages from the EPEL channel
reliable?
*
Thank you in advance!
*
*
Best regards,
*
Michael

Niels de Vos 07-27-2012 02:37 PM

Package replacement

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Michael Rauch <mrauch@autoscout24.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> we facing in our Red Hat Network Satellite Server environment the following
> issue with RHEL6 (x86_64)
>
> and EPEL 6 (x86_64) channels.
>

> If we subscribe the “EPEL 6 channel” and the “RHEL6 channel
> rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-6” to our
>
> systems, the RHEL6 RPM package
>

> “jabberpy-0.5-0.20.el6sat.noarch”
>

> will replaced with the EPEL6 RPM package
>

> “jabberpy-0.5-0.21.el6.noarch“.
>

> Is there a possibility to prevent yum from replacing RHEL packages with
> packages from the EPEL channel
>
> reliable?

The YUM protectbase or priorities plugins look capable of doing this:
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#What_about_compatibility_with_other_third_part y_repositories.3F
- https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/solutions/16589

Cheers,
Niels