-   -   EPEL-ANNOUNCE python-werkzeug update (http://www.linux-archive.org/epel-development/683445-epel-announce-python-werkzeug-update.html)

Ricky Elrod 07-13-2012 09:34 PM

EPEL-ANNOUNCE python-werkzeug update

It is our (maintainers and co-maintainers of the python-flask package)
goal to get Flask 0.9 in EPEL. As the first step toward this goal, I
have picked up the orphaned python-werkzeug, and we need to update it to
a newer version, compatible with Flask.

I've built (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4239046)
Werkzeug 0.8.3 for EPEL 6, and am about to push it to EPEL 6 testing.

As such, we've obtained approval (as per the incompatible upgrades
policy:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_incompatible_upgrades_policy) to
proceed with updating Werkzeug.

There are a number of incompatible changes between what's EPEL 6 right
now (Werkzeug 0.6.2) and 0.8.3, and there is a changelog provided by
upstream, available here: http://werkzeug.pocoo.org/docs/changes/

Please test your Werkzeug applications against 0.8.3 and provide
feedback/karma in the Bodhi updates page for it:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-werkzeug-0.8.3-2.el6

Thank you,
Ricky

Jos Vos 07-14-2012 02:10 PM

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 05:34:15PM -0400, Ricky Elrod wrote:

> It is our (maintainers and co-maintainers of the python-flask package)
> goal to get Flask 0.9 in EPEL. As the first step toward this goal, I
> have picked up the orphaned python-werkzeug, and we need to update it to
> a newer version, compatible with Flask.

Maybe slightly off-topic:

It would be great to see Flask 0.9 in EPEL, but as of today, I do not
see python-flask-0.9 in Fedora (not even in rawhide). Do you know if
it will it appear there soon too and if it will also be released as
an update for F17?

--
-- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364

Toshio Kuratomi 07-16-2012 04:20 PM

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 04:10:34PM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 05:34:15PM -0400, Ricky Elrod wrote:
>
> > It is our (maintainers and co-maintainers of the python-flask package)
> > goal to get Flask 0.9 in EPEL. As the first step toward this goal, I
> > have picked up the orphaned python-werkzeug, and we need to update it to
> > a newer version, compatible with Flask.
>
> Maybe slightly off-topic:
>
> It would be great to see Flask 0.9 in EPEL, but as of today, I do not
> see python-flask-0.9 in Fedora (not even in rawhide). Do you know if
> it will it appear there soon too and if it will also be released as
> an update for F17?

Looks like hguemar (IRC: number80) is working on that:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11672

I'd get in touch with him about how far back he's planning on pushing
updates.

-Toshio

Jos Vos 07-16-2012 04:59 PM

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 09:20:20AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Looks like hguemar (IRC: number80) is working on that:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11672

Yes, this is new today, I had a look at koji yesterday.