Old 05-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Steve Traylen

Default EL6: rubygems-stomp && mcollective

On May 22, 2012, at 4:18 PM, Justin Brown wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running EL 6.2 and encountered a dependency problem with two EPEL packages.
>
> In some security configurations (stomp+ssl), mcollective requires the stomp rubygem (i.e. rubygem-stomp). Unfortunately, mcollective 2.0.0 (current version upstream and in EPEL) requires version >=1.20 of stomp. (The current version of stomp is 1.2.2, but the version in EPEL is 1.1.8.)
>
> Currently, the rubygem-stomp RPM gets pulled in as a dependency of mcollective. I have to install rubygems, remove 1.1.8, and install 1.2.2. It's ugly, and I'm unable to manage rubygems through Puppet due to my network proxy. It would be extremely helpful to have the correct version in EPEL.
>
> Would it be possible to generate a new package for rubygem-stomp that includes version 1.2.2?

Hi Justin,

Starting at for instance this page

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/rubygem-stomp

open a bug up with your request.

Steve.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Justin Brown

Steve,
Thanks for the info. I thought it was strange since the EPEL FAQ says to ask questions here but doesn't link to Bugzilla.*
Anyway, bug reported.

Cheers,
Justin