Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 AM
seth vidal

Default rhel6 clashes - i386 and x86_64

I've generated a list of pkgs which exist in both epel(x86_64 and/or
i386) and any of the non-debuginfo/non-beta/non-fasttrack rhel channels.

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/epel-clashes/

I generated this list by making a dump of name.arch of each pkg
per-repo.

Then I went through each repo and compared them against epel using:

cat epel-i386 $repo-i386 | sort | uniq -d

To dump out the list of any duplicates.

-sv

Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Christopher Meng

Excuse me,what should we do next?

On Tuesday, May 22, 2012, seth vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I've generated a list of pkgs which exist in both epel(x86_64 and/or

> i386) and any of the non-debuginfo/non-beta/non-fasttrack rhel channels.
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/epel-clashes/
>

> I generated this list by making a dump of name.arch of each pkg
> per-repo.
>
> Then I went through each repo and compared them against epel using:
>
> cat epel-i386 $repo-i386 | sort | uniq -d

> To dump out the list of any duplicates.
>
> -sv

Best Regards,
Christopher Meng------'Cicku'

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and Contributor of GNU.

Blog:http://cicku.me
Twitter:@cickumqt
Hope you can visit and leave some comments.
More Contact info see here:http://about.me/cicku

Old 05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 22 May 2012 14:38:41 +0800
Christopher Meng <cickumqt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse me,what should we do next?

Well, we are going to have a meeting tomorrow to discuss that very
thing.

Then bring ideas hashed out there back to the list and get more
feedback, then act.

kevin

Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Looking at the list(s):

a) we need to retire/remove some packages in epel that are in base os
and optional. I don't see anything particularly crazy in there, just
things that probibly were added in point releases that we need to
remove.

b) The storage beta channel isn't in the list (for glusterfs), I've
asked Seth to add that and re-run the list, so we can see if there's
any other overlaps from that channel.

c) The Red Hat CloudForms Cloud Engine channel is the one that worries
me the most. It has puppet and a lot of rubygems, there's a lot of
overlap here. From my understanding this channel is for managing cloud
instances. Is there going to be cloud clients where people enable EPEL?
Wouldn't they only do so on the actual virtual instances, not the cloud
providing infrastructure?

Anyhow, more good data to consider.

kevin