Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default REMINDER: RHEL entitlements for EPEL maintainers

Greetings.

I thought I would drop a reminder here about RHEL entitlements for EPEL
maintainers. If you are a maintainer of packages in EPEL, you can get a
entitlement to run RHEL to help you test and fix your package(s).

See: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_RHEL_Entitlements

for more information and process to request your entitlement.

Hopefully this is useful to some.

kevin

Old 04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Peter Lemenkov

Hello.

2012/4/2 Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com>:
> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would drop a reminder here about RHEL entitlements for EPEL
> maintainers. If you are a maintainer of packages in EPEL, you can get a
> entitlement to run RHEL to help you test and fix your package(s).

I didn't get it. Does this offer include a ssh access to the RHEL boxes?

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:21:25 +0400
Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> 2012/4/2 Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com>:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I thought I would drop a reminder here about RHEL entitlements for
> > EPEL maintainers. If you are a maintainer of packages in EPEL, you
> > can get a entitlement to run RHEL to help you test and fix your
> > package(s).
>
> I didn't get it. Does this offer include a ssh access to the RHEL
> boxes?

No.

It means you can get a free entitlement from Red Hat to install RHEL on
your own hardware or virtual and get updates to that install from rhn.
You must supply a machine or virtual platform to run it on.

kevin

Old 04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Russell Golden

...I *just* got everything working on CentOS 6. Please forgive me for
not wanting to reinstall again. XD

Russell Golden
Fedora Project Contributor
niveusluna@niveusluna.org
(972) 836-7128
--
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will
add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your

>> I didn't get it. Does this offer include a ssh access to the RHEL
>> boxes?
>
> No.
>
> It means you can get a free entitlement from Red Hat to install RHEL on
> your own hardware or virtual and get updates to that install from rhn.
> You must supply a machine or virtual platform to run it on.

Not so interesting then - we've got SL and CentOS already.
Unfortunately some issues exists only on some particular arches and
EPEL maintainers don't have so many spare ppc64 boxes available to
experiment with.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Ray Van Dolson

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 09:57:25AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would drop a reminder here about RHEL entitlements for EPEL
> maintainers. If you are a maintainer of packages in EPEL, you can get a
> entitlement to run RHEL to help you test and fix your package(s).
>
> See: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_RHEL_Entitlements
>
> for more information and process to request your entitlement.
>
> Hopefully this is useful to some.
>
> kevin

Thanks, Kevin. Very cool.

Ray

Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Karel Volný

Hi,

> > It means you can get a free entitlement from Red Hat to
> > install RHEL on your own hardware or virtual and get updates
> > to that install from rhn. You must supply a machine or
> > virtual platform to run it on.
> Not so interesting then - we've got SL and CentOS already.

but CentOS and SL are not the same as RHEL even if they tell you
so :-)

> Unfortunately some issues exists only on some particular arches
> and EPEL maintainers don't have so many spare ppc64 boxes
> available to experiment with.

_some_ EPEL maintainers have access to full set of supported
architectures ... you can always try asking if someone is willing
to test for you

ideally if you had some simple steps ready, like "run command
xyz, send me the console output and log from /a/b/c.log, please"

if there's a bug in RH bugzilla for your issue, you can try
putting me in QA contact (or on CC) and describe what do you need
to test in the comment

K.

--
Karel Volný