Old 02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Nelson Manuel Marques

Default Mock and CMS

Hi all,

I would like to ask a question on this list to anyone who might be using 'mock' and SCM features. I've tried to use mock to pick the sources from SVN, and creating a tarbal. Everything seems to work fine except for the version of the tarball created:

- Tarball is created as: dummy-1.tar.gz
- Tarball should be creates as: dummy-1.0.1.tar.gz

Now, I'm not sure on how the version is generated by mock when it creates the tarbal. Anyone more fluent on with this process could give me a pointer, maybe some blog posts with some examples ?

NM

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques

Old 02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Nelson Manuel Marques

s/CMS/SCM

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques

Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Marko Myllynen

Hi,

I would like to ask a question on this list to anyone who might be
using 'mock' and SCM features. I've tried to use mock to pick the
sources from SVN, and creating a tarbal. Everything seems to work
fine except for the version of the tarball created:

- Tarball is created as: dummy-1.tar.gz

> - Tarball should be creates as: dummy-1.0.1.tar.gz

Now, I'm not sure on how the version is generated by mock when it
creates the tarbal. Anyone more fluent on with this process could
give me a pointer, maybe some blog posts with some examples ?

the tarball creation uses the Version defined in the spec file:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=mock.git;a=blob;f=py/mockbuild/scm.py#l127

However, if your spec file contains some complex defines and macros
which you then use for Version the spec parser might perhaps get
confused. It's best that you first try just with Version: 1.0.1 and then
see how the parser copes with defines and macros if you need them.

I'm not aware of any related blog posts but this LWN article provides a
generic introduction:

http://lwn.net/Articles/446253/

Cheers,

--
Marko Myllynen

Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Nelson Manuel Marques

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I was using a dummy.spec from a internal SVN repo used for internal training and indeed the spec was written in a kinky way.
I've added JRuby sources + spec to a new svn entry and tried to rebuild it with mock, it worked out just fine on a RHEL5.

I've got a few more tests to conduct, but I'll take a deeper look into mock later on. Thanks for helping.

Melhores cumprimentos,
Nelson M. Marques