Old 02-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Ian Pilcher

Default iptraf-ng obsoleting iptraf

Is this allowed?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL says:

EPEL packages are usually based on their Fedora counterparts and will
never conflict with or replace packages in the base Enterprise Linux
distributions.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:21:10 -0600
Ian Pilcher <arequipeno@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this allowed?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL says:
>
> EPEL packages are usually based on their Fedora counterparts and
> will never conflict with or replace packages in the base Enterprise
> Linux distributions.

No. It should not do this.

There is already a bug on it... if the maintainer doesn't act soon, I
will go in and fix it.

kevin

Old 02-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Ian Pilcher

On 02/25/2012 01:33 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> No. It should not do this.
>
> There is already a bug on it... if the maintainer doesn't act soon, I
> will go in and fix it.

My bad for not searching Bugzilla first. Wasn't sure if "obsoletes"
counted as a conflict for purposes of the policy.

Thanks!