Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 PM

Default bugfix in fail2ban, could someone package it please?

Today the fail2ban team patched a bug
that causes it to die when parsing certain formats of data/time stamps.
Â*I need this fix in order to use fail2ban with log from one of our
systems.

https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/commit/b257be4cd1832916aa170d85a38c4a69747f991e

I'm wondering if someone could please
build an updated RPM from the newly released code please, for RHEL 5.7.

Forgive me if this is the wrong way
to go about requesting this, I'd be happy to direct my request to whoever
you folks suggest.

Thanks!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

John Delisle | Sr Technical Analyst | Ceridian Canada Ltd. | ceridian.ca

400 – 125 Garry Street | Winnipeg, MB R3C 3P2 | p: 204-975-5909 | john_delisle@ceridian.ca

Â*

This communication is intended to be received only by the individual[s] or entity[s] to whom or to which it is addressed, and contains information which is confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use, copying, review or disclosure is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this communication in error [by calling collect, if necessary] so that we can arrange for its return at our expense. Thank you in advance for your anticipated assistance and cooperation.

Â*

Â*

Cette communication est destinĂ©e uniquement Ă* la personne ou Ă* la personne morale Ă* qui elle est adressĂ©e. Elle contient de l’information confidentielle, protĂ©gĂ©e par le secret professionnel et sujette Ă* des droits d'auteurs. Toute utilisation, reproduction, consultation ou divulgation non autorisĂ©es sont interdites. Nous vous prions d’aviser immĂ©diatement l’expĂ©diteur si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur (en appelant Ă* frais virĂ©s, si nĂ©cessaire), afin que nous puissions prendre des dispositions pour en assurer le renvoi Ă* nos frais. Nous vous remercions Ă* l’avance de votre coopĂ©ration.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Orion Poplawski

Today the fail2ban team patched a bug that causes it to die when parsing
certain formats of data/time stamps. I need this fix in order to use
fail2ban with log from one of our systems.

https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/commit/b257be4cd1832916aa170d85a38c4a69747f991e

I'm wondering if someone could please build an updated RPM from the
newly released code please, for RHEL 5.7.

Forgive me if this is the wrong way to go about requesting this, I'd be
happy to direct my request to whoever you folks suggest.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20EPEL

File against fail2ban

--
Orion Poplawski