Old 01-28-2012, 11:37 AM
David Malcolm

Default PyPy rpms in EPEL available for testing

For those wanting an implementation of Python 2.7 with a Just-In-Time
compiler in EPEL, I've built PyPy, for EPEL 5 and EPEL 6:
* https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el5
* https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el6

I haven't tested them yet. [am in the middle of firefighting another
issue, but I saw that the builds ran to completion; there were some test
failures in the logs, but the great majority of the selftest suite
passed].

So if you're feeling adventurous, please try these builds out (and give
karma to the update accordingly).

Note that this is *not* an official Red Hat-supported thing, and that I
intend to rebase pypy in EPEL to later versions after upstream releases
them.

Dave

Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
David Malcolm

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 07:37 -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
> For those wanting an implementation of Python 2.7 with a Just-In-Time
> compiler in EPEL, I've built PyPy, for EPEL 5 and EPEL 6:
> * https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el5
> * https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el6

I've rebuilt them to bring in a fix for a virtualenv incompatibility, so
these are now:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2012-0275
(pypy in EPEL6)

and:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2012-0276
(pypy in EPEL5)

Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Adam Miller

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 02:07:14PM -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 07:37 -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
> > For those wanting an implementation of Python 2.7 with a Just-In-Time
> > compiler in EPEL, I've built PyPy, for EPEL 5 and EPEL 6:
> > * https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el5
> > * https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el6
>
> I've rebuilt them to bring in a fix for a virtualenv incompatibility, so
> these are now:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2012-0275
> (pypy in EPEL6)
>
> and:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2012-0276
> (pypy in EPEL5)

Awesome! Thanks for these, it will certainly be fun to be able to get
some pypy action on my RHEL boxen. Will try to get some karma in bodhi
by the end of the day.

-AdamM