Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Russell Golden

Default Major version upgrades - acceptable if in number only?

I maintain mozilla-https-everywhere, and upstream is going to release
version 2.0 soon. I hope. Anyway. If 2.0's only changes are new
supported sites, would it be acceptable to push it to EPEL, or should
I just use the repo I already have on repos.fedorapeople.org? If
indeed the only change is new rulesets, backporting would make the
resulting package 1.x in name only.

Thank you.

Russell Golden
Fedora Project Contributor
niveusluna@niveusluna.org
(972) 836-7128
--
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will
add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your

Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On 20 January 2012 11:12, Russell Golden <niveusluna@www.niveusluna.org> wrote:
> I maintain mozilla-https-everywhere, and upstream is going to release
> version 2.0 soon. I hope. Anyway. If 2.0's only changes are new
> supported sites, would it be acceptable to push it to EPEL, or should
> I just use the repo I already have on repos.fedorapeople.org? If
> indeed the only change is new rulesets, backporting would make the
> resulting package 1.x in name only.

I think this would be ok.

> Thank you.
>
> Russell Golden
> Fedora Project Contributor
> niveusluna@niveusluna.org
> (972) 836-7128
> --
> "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will
> add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your
> culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." Â*—James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:04:18PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 20 January 2012 11:12, Russell Golden <niveusluna@www.niveusluna.org> wrote:
> > I maintain mozilla-https-everywhere, and upstream is going to release
> > version 2.0 soon. I hope. Anyway. If 2.0's only changes are new
> > supported sites, would it be acceptable to push it to EPEL, or should
> > I just use the repo I already have on repos.fedorapeople.org? If
> > indeed the only change is new rulesets, backporting would make the
> > resulting package 1.x in name only.
>
> I think this would be ok.

+1

Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 PM