Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default request for updated gstreamer packages in EPEL 6

On 14 January 2012 11:35, chad hanna <channa@perimeterinstitute.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am part of a scientific collaboration that uses gstreamer for
> scientific software development. ¬*We are currently compiling our own
> gstreamer 0.10.32 and various plugin packages[1]. ¬*Our ¬*clusters run
> Scientific Linux 6 and we rely on EPEL for many packages. ¬*SL6
> currently has gstreamer 0.10.30. ¬*Is there any possibility of making
> 0.10.32 or greater versions of gstreamer availabe in EPEL 6 in the
> near future? If so what would be the procedure to help get that going?

most of the gstreamer packages are not in EPEL but in RHEL which
Scientific Linux rebuilds to being SciLin 6. So to get updated
packages for that you will need to look at asking Red Hat either via a
customer account or bugzilla.

> many thanks and best wishes,
>
> Chad
>
> [1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/
>
> --
> Chad Hanna
> Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
> 31 Caroline St. N.
> Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 2Y5
> Ph: (519) 569-7600 x7511

Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." ¬*‚ÄĒJames Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd