Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Richard Fontana

Default Reusing upstart scripts from Ubuntu for EPEL6 Openstack packages

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 01:17:00AM +0100, Alan Pevec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for openstack-* packages in EPEL6 I'd like to reuse upstart jobs from
> Ubuntu packages
> e.g. for Swift http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-packagers/swift/ubuntu/files/head:/debian/
> AFAICT those are licensed under ASL2.0 as the whole Swift, right?

Presumably.

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-packagers/swift/ubuntu/view/head:/debian/copyright
>
> Is this license compatible with Fedora FPCA, which applies to
> Fedora/EPEL .spec files and, I assume, other files included directly
> in SRPM ? http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#License_of_Fedora_SPEC_Files

The information at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#License_of_Fedora_SPEC_Files
is out of date with respect to the FPCA (it was written with the old
Fedora CLA in mind).

But anyway, you're describing reusing existing, presumably copyrighted
material in an EPEL spec file? That is outside the scope of the FPCA,
and so there is no intrinsic problem. See, e.g., the "Non-Goals"
paragraph near the beginning of the FPCA.

- Richard